Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

that dog, that house!

I was dreaming a minute ago that we had to sell this house.  SO, then we had the money, but had to figure out where to live.  And we were finding that to buy another house would be more than we could afford, and we were living in an expensive room in a nice rooming house with shared bathrooms.  The dream was ending when I wanted to use the bathroom, and there, I swear its true, dozens of people already in there and....
luckily I woke up!
And was relieved to find I still live here, it is still ours.... :)


In other news, I REALLY like the idea of little drawn animals on the lowest half of a mug, nice huh?  I liked it so much I started doing it on tiles too--multi-purpose tiles, they have little feet on the bottom and work as either hot pads on the table, serving dishes for 3 cookies or olives or cheese OR hang on the wall....have an awesome Tuesday and I SWEAR I will try to visit all your blogs today!


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

6 comments:

smartcat said...

Ouch! Watta dream....verging on nightmare!?

I love the way your animals chase each other around mugs, bowls etc. The tiles look like the little guys are going to run off and dance on a table.

I always love to have you stop by, but entirely understandable when you can't!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Little animals as a bottom border are inspired, Gary! Love the cups and tiles with great swatches of color over the critters! :-D \o/ Yay!

Anonymous said...

Your instincts are strong, Jedi. I like the little borders, too.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

More good pottery by Gary. I'm a big fan of the sunflowers on the porch too. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved the hippos, love the critters on the tiles and cups! Don't know why this was just posted this afternoon...blogger has problems!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Ooh, I love those mugs!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.