WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, August 19, 2013
this chair is cat approved....
The wife recovered some of our kitchen chairs Sunday.
They are old fashioned, made in Milwaukee! Actually, we have five chairs, 3 are sisters then 2 cousins. You see below 2 of the 3 sisters and one cousin below. The dark cousin was actually purchased.
The others were filched!
Well, OK, 20 some years ago the wife had the first cousin when we got together. It still has "property of !!!!!! University" on the bottom. But she got it at a yard sale! Near that campus...could somebody have filched it for their apartment and sold it later for 5 bucks? It is a typical 70+ year old library chair. Throw it off the top of a building (as frats might!) and it would still look good as new.
Then the 3 light colored oak ones, which you see Spike upon there, with one upside down. We lived next to University ?????? for a few years and 3 of these oak beauties were on a dumpster....they say "property of YYYYYY University" themselves.
The last one, which has a wood seat and does not need recovering, I actually bought from an office store...it just so happens that the chairs match our oak table with lion's feet very nicely :) and, well, the cat matches the table with lion's feet too!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- pottery FOR A CHANGE!
- the BEST squash of your life is PALEO
- THE WALK
- 2 best (and worst!) words in the English language...
- speaking of HOT STUFF
- that game of cat and MOUSE...
- I'm not getting repetitive am I?
- blackberries are gluten-free!
- hey diddle diddle...
- a rare family post....
- BIG pots...
- oh my...
- this chair is cat approved....
- "little pitchers have big ears"
- Gallery fortyone....
- a long and windy post about CATs, CUSTOMers and 'QUE
- purple tarts with pink b00bies??!!
- the all-POTTERY post you have been waiting for....
- that dog, that house!
- in which decorative objects are either SEXY or fun...
- KILLER BEAGLE
- a FLOOD! and other things....
- making TEMPEH tasty....
- probably the CORGI PLAYGROUP is more cute....
- the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"
- everybody loves BUNNIES...
- chasing BEEs and what to do with all that kale...
- the tiny road trip....
- thanks to YOGI...
- olde world family torte made GLUTEN FREE!
- almost famous...?
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)