Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, August 10, 2013
a FLOOD! and other things....
( Campbell Meadow Park down a ways, Yogi on the bridge by our house)
WHOA! Enough rains, alright?
We have seen worse floods, but by inches this is one of the worst. We have a small river behind our house called Fall Creek, about 2-5 feet deep and about 20-30 feet wide usually. It came up several feet and hundreds of feet wide in spots yesterday, and my neighbor took a pic of the new park down the street by the riverside: water going OVER the grill and picnic tables...it rose higher still, until the flood crested about 7 pm on a finally crystal clear evening.
Below: Yogi came exploring with me... behind him is the riverbank at my backyard!
The bend in the river there at the right is directly behind our house. No water got close to us. We are pretty high.
In other news, Tiffy likes my cow over moon sculptures...and wanted a set! She got laughing dog and now.....in progress......
have a great Saturday!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:41 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- pottery FOR A CHANGE!
- the BEST squash of your life is PALEO
- THE WALK
- 2 best (and worst!) words in the English language...
- speaking of HOT STUFF
- that game of cat and MOUSE...
- I'm not getting repetitive am I?
- blackberries are gluten-free!
- hey diddle diddle...
- a rare family post....
- BIG pots...
- oh my...
- this chair is cat approved....
- "little pitchers have big ears"
- Gallery fortyone....
- a long and windy post about CATs, CUSTOMers and 'QUE
- purple tarts with pink b00bies??!!
- the all-POTTERY post you have been waiting for....
- that dog, that house!
- in which decorative objects are either SEXY or fun...
- KILLER BEAGLE
- a FLOOD! and other things....
- making TEMPEH tasty....
- probably the CORGI PLAYGROUP is more cute....
- the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"
- everybody loves BUNNIES...
- chasing BEEs and what to do with all that kale...
- the tiny road trip....
- thanks to YOGI...
- olde world family torte made GLUTEN FREE!
- almost famous...?
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Wow...looks like you could go river rafting on that now.
Stay dry. Love the sunflower!!
Glad that you and yours are okay and not living on a raft.
We had torrents of rain and wind here too. I am so glad I drove back from Laconia, NH on Thursday instead of staying another day. The storm broke one of the hoses on the pool pump and filter....oh fun!
You have grown some sunflowers this year.
I'm so glad you're doing Cat & Fiddle etc...those are the best images I've seen, and I know will continue when glazed. Fall Creek looks like it really was wallowing.
You're high and dry; that's Good! Sorry for the poor folks in lower elevations.
Wow. That's a LOT of water.
Stay dry, my friend.
That's the cat and the fiddle! That's going to be a masterpiece of a set.
Post a Comment