Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm not getting repetitive am I?

OF COURSE I AM!
Today, more of my dog penny, my cat Spike, my neighbor's dog YOGI and a recipe I posted recently, AGAIN!
WTF not....its all adorable, its all delicious :)

Yesterday was gorgeous and across the street the neighbors are painting their porch.  These guys are my very best pals, and Yogi's family too.  I see Yogi over there watching them paint.  He has this look on his face like "this is about as interesting for a puppy as watching paint dry".
I am walking with my mail to the PO, having just walked my own beagle and ask if I can bring Yogi to the PO and then over to my house to play with my cat and dog...of course it is OK.  He had just had a huge walk, apparently, and was S'POSED to be exhausted.  But he is a puppy!  NOT exhausted.

I am walking Yogi away and there are calls from his mama "OH look at that, not even a backward glance?  You just go off with Gary to have fun!" and then after a walk we are going into my yard to play and from across the street  I hear "OH look at that, he isn't even looking over here, he just wants to go play with GARY'S CAT!".
Which was true. Penny and Yogi chased each other around in circles for awhile before Penny wisely relaxed in the shade and Yogi was at my door "I wanna go in and see Spike" and Spike the cat was on the other side of the screen door saying "Yo, bro' "

Yogi and Spike played inside for awhile.  I don't have to do anything.  I was cooking and baking and doing the dishes and my pets are playing with him...I set up a chair by the stairway so that Penny and Spike can get away from Yogi if they are tired of play....
later Spike and Penny fell asleep and Yogi just lay there, staring at them...... "How can those guys sleep when I wanna PLAY?"
I returned Yogi later and his mama told another neighbor "Yogi had a play date with Gary's CAT!"
True!

Anyway, in other news, YEP, we were baking gluten-free blueberry tortes, OH MY that is yummy!**** Have a great Saturday!





****
Gary's gluten-free tasty berry torte

1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
2 tbs + one tbs sugar to sprinkle on top
2 tsp baking powder
dash salt

2 eggs
2/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk or soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
fruit! one cup blueberries or sliced plums or apple or raspberries....

-Grease a 9" torte pan or 8 x 8 brownie pan (I used 2 small rounds today)
-preheat to 350
-combine first 4 dry ingredients in a bowl
-in a second bowl, beat the eggs add other liquid ingredients
-combine the wet into the dry, stir well, then pour batter into baking pan
-press one cup berries into the top then sprinkle one tbs sugar on top
-bake about 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick is clean, then cool on a rack

3 comments:

Shortstuff said...

Love the masthead. That Penny face just made me laugh out loud.

Now I know why I haven't replaced my dog. We don't live next door to you! You're a good neighbor, Gary.

jean said...

First I have to tell you that I absolutely love that cover photo of Penny. It is perfection. And your posts are never dull or repetitive. I could listen to your stories all day. I've never know a cat and dog to get along as well as Spike and Yogi. Enjoy your Saturday I can't wait to see what you cook/bake this weekend.

bartster said...

recipes and cooking....is it anything like glaze mixing and firing?
The torte looks scrumptious! That Yogi is so fun to see pictured in mid run...talk about gusto!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.