Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, August 22, 2013

a rare family post....

I blog it all, right?  A lot anyway.  Not much family.
My niece, and I only have the one, grew up in the midwest, graduated from Harvard and is studying to be an adolescent psychologist ...I don't see her too often as she has moved to the Left Coast, but she visited my parents' house down the road from ours.... she is a sweetie pie.  Those messed up kids of the future receiving her care will be damn lucky :)
She had a chance to do COUNTRY thangs....like canoe...my parents have a rather schweet pond...and that is how you pick all the blackberries the little animals didn't eat:  you sit in the canoe and pick blackberries! More on that tomorrow.....


In other news, you will notice that I was babysitting Yogi yesterday...you will also notice there are no pictures of him playing with Penny.  The 2 of them were like "ooof, its too hot!" but then Yogi was like "I wanna see Spike..." and he came inside to play with the cat.....

8 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

family! Good things!

smartcat said...

You sure lucked out in the niece department....smart and pretty too.
Does Penny get in the canoe? And Spike obviously takes part in Bad-O-Cat!

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, canoeing...what a peaceful pastime...and berries to boot...so glad to meet your neice...she will have a busy fulfilling job I'm thinking!

Michèle Hastings said...

Such a pretty girl! You never let on that your parents lived close by, how lucky for you and them.

Busy Bee Suz said...

How awesome that she came to visit you; Uncle Gary!
She is cute AND smart; a great combo.
My cousin just started at Harvard this week!!

Becky Brown said...

I love the action shot of Yogi!

smartcat said...

Uhhhh....that was supposed to be Bag-O-Cat! Although the misspell may be appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good visit.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.