Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, August 31, 2013
pottery FOR A CHANGE!
I am chatting with one of the cousins Friday (a real one, not imagined!) and she is like
"This is like a cooking blog, not a pottery blog!" which is absolutely true. Sometimes. I explain,
"Except when its a PETS blog! Or travel blog...."
I would find it DEAD DULL to post the same sh!t every day and I bet you wouldn't want to read it either....but hell, I AM A POTTER and a nice load of stuff is cooling in the kiln to photograph and post Sunday and beyond and I have been so busy posting pics of squash dinners and such that I havn't posted pics of what came out of the last kiln firing...so here it is...and above? Some of the things I was working on yesterday....
I was in the mood of "let's just make some PLAIN pots and glaze them all the same, sans pig etc" which is my sometime mood....
potters look at that pic above and are like "Gary is a little lazy with his mugs there, seems like a short one snuck into the middle" and its like "OH ALRIGHT, YES, so sue me...."
(pottery by Gary Rith)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:35 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- pottery FOR A CHANGE!
- the BEST squash of your life is PALEO
- THE WALK
- 2 best (and worst!) words in the English language...
- speaking of HOT STUFF
- that game of cat and MOUSE...
- I'm not getting repetitive am I?
- blackberries are gluten-free!
- hey diddle diddle...
- a rare family post....
- BIG pots...
- oh my...
- this chair is cat approved....
- "little pitchers have big ears"
- Gallery fortyone....
- a long and windy post about CATs, CUSTOMers and 'QUE
- purple tarts with pink b00bies??!!
- the all-POTTERY post you have been waiting for....
- that dog, that house!
- in which decorative objects are either SEXY or fun...
- KILLER BEAGLE
- a FLOOD! and other things....
- making TEMPEH tasty....
- probably the CORGI PLAYGROUP is more cute....
- the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"
- everybody loves BUNNIES...
- chasing BEEs and what to do with all that kale...
- the tiny road trip....
- thanks to YOGI...
- olde world family torte made GLUTEN FREE!
- almost famous...?
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
What's not to like? The whimsy and bright colors are just too fun! As one who frets about bowls being odd sizes, I hear from my wife that she likes the different sizes for different foods; ice cream versus soup or cereal. I'd say with mugs that might also be true; who needs a tankard for espresso? (oh....I know people....) Cheers!
YOu have a gift for making friendly-looking elephants.
I love the elephants...and that vase..wow. Who am I kidding, I love it all!!
And I *like* that you have a little bit of everything on your blog!
I was going to say, I really like the...blank, then I saw the next pic, and I wanted to say, oh that's my fav, then the elephant tea party came and that's my fav. (Oh, and my blog list didn't have your recent posting there again this morning. What can I say!)
I love that you have a mix of everything on your blog.
Your blog, your rules! It's always fun here. :)
Post a Comment