Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"



I tell the wife, with some excitement and enthusiasm: "I have something else wonderful to post Wednesday, but I made my first ever hippo bank!  I make elephant banks, penguin, dog, etc, AND make hippo bowls and sugar bowls, but never made a bank before!" and she is like
"but that sounds exciting, post the hippo!" So I am, freshly made and drying.  With a doodle of it!
Have an awesome Wednesday!

10 comments:

smartcat said...

That is, without a doubt, the hippest, happiest hippo I have ever seen!

bartster said...

hippo-pots! If you own one is it a 'hippo-pot-a-mine"? Great work!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great smile...he looks just like his daddy!

Lori Buff said...

The hippo makes a great bank. Sweet.

~ Sil in Corea said...

This hippo is delightful! I love it heaps!

smalltownme said...

Your wife is wise and the hippo is happening!

auntjone said...

I love the hippo! I hope you will offer him for sale!

Busy Bee Suz said...

She is right...the hippo is SWEET!!!

JB said...

I am loving the swirls and curls on the pots. Handles and decorations. Hippo nice and fat for a bank.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.