Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, August 11, 2013

KILLER BEAGLE

A local politician with his clipboard and pen comes by Saturday while Penny and I are outside installing the last tile atop my fence.  I tell him "watch out for the killer beagle!" and he is like "killer bees?" and I point at the happy, wiggling tri-color menace at his feet, showing her belly to be rubbed "killer beagle!" and proceed to show him my tile.
A beagle attacking Godzilla!
I told you our picket fence posts are chopped off wood and need protection and decoration.  I miscounted and needed to make a 12th, which I decided could be EXTRA special (some are frogs, most are just stamped with swirls).
The last one came outta the kiln Saturday! Our yard is complete...and badass!


In other news, our flood subsided...remember yesterday I showed you an underwater park near our house? The river had come up 5-10 feet in spots, above the top of that picnic table....  This is it Saturday morning...



Finally, the wife was out of town for the day in NYC, and Penny and I hiked a zillion miles....have a great Sunday!
 

6 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Great idea with the fence post.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, having Godzilla taken care of by a beagle really relieves me!

Michèle Hastings said...

I am just lovin' those fence post tiles!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

The fence post tiles are faboo! I want to put up a fence just so I can order cool tiles!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, badass for sure! I love this idea.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Glad the flood receded! And Penny lying next to the dogwoods sign is funny... or maybe I'm just awake way too late at night and giggling over silly stuff...

That was so creative of you to top your fence posts with tiles!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.