"I'm a cougar, aren't I?" is what she said. This is how the conversation got there:
We had enjoyed the enchiladas for lunch and I had a couple of drips of tea in my mug and without thinking I sloshed them onto my plate and swirled it around. While still at the table. While she was still eating. In retrospect, it doesn't sound too classy.
The wife says: I was reading somebody who admitted they were in their 40s but still in the middle of a long and weird adolescence.
Me: Oh, the tea on the plate? I had these extra drips and I thought if I poured them on my plate and swirled it around, it would be easier to wash my plate :)
she: Maybe sometimes when 2 people are together a very long time, they figure they can be as weird as they want to be.
me: I am fully willing to admit I am a fifteen year old.
And that is when she realized she is a cougar......
(slightly blurry photo of an awesome teapot by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY! \m/
- blueberry muffins from heaven
- project for crafty guys: making the mouse mousepad
- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge snow storm!
- HIGH FIVE FRIDAY and HOBOS happen....yes they do....
- great pair of jugs!
- Baby Alex strikes yet again.....
- 'its just a little beagle'
- dig some new pots.....
- 300 photographs.....
- "niche barket"
- slow news day = bring out the rude sock monkeys an...
- the Marc Maron miracle....
- "unusually large ears"
- the wife writes of lovelorn and lonely gloves......
- Jen and Laura weigh in on the elephants.....
- spooky ass
- back to badass....
- Valentine's Day part 2!
- Valentine's Day, part One :)
- My Gal is a COUGAR
- "the day of bad handwriting and typos" by THE WIFE
- Kerry, Kasey and Kupid....
- the beautiful, the badass, the just plain BAD....
- roller girl.....
- Kasey's mom has got it goin' on....
- Missus Baker, Charlotte and Hollywood snow....
- dumpster diving for Valentine's gifts....
- the wife writes of winter and her husband.....
- NOT a monkey shaped pizza
- yarn bowls: not just for breakfast anymore!
- Georges and Ninja Beagle beat the crap outta a can...
- gotta get it....
- NINJA BEAGLE
- PUNKY GEORGES SEES HIS SHADOW and predicts a boatl...
- Bigfoot and Little Dude....
- Jeff and Meesh and me....
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Funny, I thought you put the last of your tea on your plate so you could read the tea leaves easier. Didn't dawn on me it would make it easier to clean. I like your wife's statement "Maybe sometimes when 2 people are together a very long time, they figure they can be as weird as they want to be." It is right on.
weird = interesting (and often times fun)
I am not much into titles. George's Mom was 12 years older than his Dad. Actually no one every noticed, nor did they care.
I think that when it comes to relationships you cannot compare those with anyone else's. Each relationship is totally up close and personal. It's totally intimate to those two particular people.
George was 17 and I was 15 when married. Would I suggest that to someone else. No Way, I stay out of people's personal relationships totally. lol lol :)
One has to do what one thinks is right for them. No one else can even venture to know what that is, except the person themselves.
It's not a numbers game for me. If two people truly love each other, that is the only thing that matters. For George and I our weirdness is exactly the intimacy we share...and love it! :)
You both are so funny. I agree, the Missus is the adult here. :)
This blog post is a wonderful love story. ♥
(Also, I live something a little bit like this, surrounded by males.)
Love the double decker teapot!!!
Congrats to the resident Cougar! She snagged her one who is apparently good with his hands.
Always a huge plus. ;-D
Post a Comment