WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, February 4, 2011
Georges and Ninja Beagle beat the crap outta a can of pumpkin......
Bartster is telling me yesterday "my wife loves Georges and Ninja beagle, she has become quite a fan of your blog" and I warn him "Georges and Ninja beagle are putting together another post, so she BETTER like them!".
And I tell the wife "everybody is gonna see ninja beagle here looking so cute and go out and get one for themselves" and the wife tells me "It would be quieter if they just BOUGHT ONE OF YOUR BEAGLE MUGS". Good point!
Yesterday Georges is like "mon ami, I want to carve zis pumpkin" and he is waving around a big knife and a CAN of pumpkin and I explain
"Georges, you can try to knife it open, but I think it would be wiser to use a can opener".
Years ago, like 17 years ago, we taught at a prep school in Massachusetts and Jennie shared some kick ass pumpkin muffins with us, and did us one better by sharing the recipe*. Georges and I made them yesterday...and nobody got hurt......(funny about Jennie, and reconnecting on facebook years later: her 2 babies are like, high schoolers. WTF? How did that happen???? )
Jennie's maple syrup kick ass pumpkin muffins
preheat to 350
grease 24 muffin tins or put in muffin cup papers
-cream 16 tbs margerine or butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar
-add 3 eggs, cream some more
-add teas. vanilla
-add one cup maple syrup and 15-16 oz can pumpkin, stir stir stir
-add total 3 cups flour, we used one whole wheat, 2 white
-stir in powdered cloves and cinnamon and one teas. each of baking powder and baking soda
-add one cup raisins and one cup nuts, like walnuts, stir stir stir!
Spoon the mixture into your 24 muffin cups. It seems liquidy, but no worries. Bake about 15 minutes, then peek in, test with a knife to see if they are done, prob needs a few minutes more, until they are toasty brown looking and the knife stuck in comes out clean.
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY! \m/
- blueberry muffins from heaven
- project for crafty guys: making the mouse mousepad
- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge snow storm!
- HIGH FIVE FRIDAY and HOBOS happen....yes they do....
- great pair of jugs!
- Baby Alex strikes yet again.....
- 'its just a little beagle'
- dig some new pots.....
- 300 photographs.....
- "niche barket"
- slow news day = bring out the rude sock monkeys an...
- the Marc Maron miracle....
- "unusually large ears"
- the wife writes of lovelorn and lonely gloves......
- Jen and Laura weigh in on the elephants.....
- spooky ass
- back to badass....
- Valentine's Day part 2!
- Valentine's Day, part One :)
- My Gal is a COUGAR
- "the day of bad handwriting and typos" by THE WIFE
- Kerry, Kasey and Kupid....
- the beautiful, the badass, the just plain BAD....
- roller girl.....
- Kasey's mom has got it goin' on....
- Missus Baker, Charlotte and Hollywood snow....
- dumpster diving for Valentine's gifts....
- the wife writes of winter and her husband.....
- NOT a monkey shaped pizza
- yarn bowls: not just for breakfast anymore!
- Georges and Ninja Beagle beat the crap outta a can...
- gotta get it....
- NINJA BEAGLE
- PUNKY GEORGES SEES HIS SHADOW and predicts a boatl...
- Bigfoot and Little Dude....
- Jeff and Meesh and me....
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2010 (616)