WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, February 27, 2011
blueberry muffins from heaven
(new pottery by Gary Rith above, Penny on the cat perch looking out the window, below)
Years ago I had a Dannon yogurt blueberry muffin recipe that I liked, but tossed out when my dairy allergies worsened. But, as this pic shows, there is excellent soy yogurt available, and I wanted to try the recipe again using that.
I remember years ago, just as me and the wife were starting to see each other, she invited me over for paella. I asked what I could do and she said 'make sangria'. I had never made sangria before, and went to the Chicago Public Library to find a recipe (remember libraries????). They had a wonderful and huge collection of cookbooks, and I found what I needed. Man, those were the days: take the elevated train downtown, walk up the street, up the stairs, through security, find the building directory for cookbooks, take an elevator, wander past a thousand sleeping hobos enjoying the library's warmth, then start pulling books off the shelf, flick through them, find what you want, find a xerox machine.... I MISS THOSE GOOD TIMES! I was at the Ithaca library yesterday checking out mysteries, still full of hobos, but anyways...
So, these days, you want a recipe, any recipe, you just sit at your desk and in two seconds you have dozens to choose from. I did not like the Dannon recipe, as it requires milk too, and kept searching, and like this recipe that I used here. It is very simple, esp. since I rejected their approach of dirtying every bowl in the house, simply mixing everything into one bowl. It worked fine.
blueberry yogurt muffins!
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 c yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c oil
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c blueberries, fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 350, grease 12 muffin pan
-crack egg into bowl, add oil, vanilla and sugar and stir, then add yogurt and stir some more
-add flour, bake powder and soda, stir thoroughly
-gently mix in the blubes
-spoon batter into pan, it is thick and sticky
-bake 25 mins, check and make sure a knife stuck in comes out clean, that's it! And soy yogurt worked wonderfully :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY! \m/
- blueberry muffins from heaven
- project for crafty guys: making the mouse mousepad
- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge snow storm!
- HIGH FIVE FRIDAY and HOBOS happen....yes they do....
- great pair of jugs!
- Baby Alex strikes yet again.....
- 'its just a little beagle'
- dig some new pots.....
- 300 photographs.....
- "niche barket"
- slow news day = bring out the rude sock monkeys an...
- the Marc Maron miracle....
- "unusually large ears"
- the wife writes of lovelorn and lonely gloves......
- Jen and Laura weigh in on the elephants.....
- spooky ass
- back to badass....
- Valentine's Day part 2!
- Valentine's Day, part One :)
- My Gal is a COUGAR
- "the day of bad handwriting and typos" by THE WIFE
- Kerry, Kasey and Kupid....
- the beautiful, the badass, the just plain BAD....
- roller girl.....
- Kasey's mom has got it goin' on....
- Missus Baker, Charlotte and Hollywood snow....
- dumpster diving for Valentine's gifts....
- the wife writes of winter and her husband.....
- NOT a monkey shaped pizza
- yarn bowls: not just for breakfast anymore!
- Georges and Ninja Beagle beat the crap outta a can...
- gotta get it....
- NINJA BEAGLE
- PUNKY GEORGES SEES HIS SHADOW and predicts a boatl...
- Bigfoot and Little Dude....
- Jeff and Meesh and me....
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2010 (616)