WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, February 17, 2011
the wife writes of lovelorn and lonely gloves......
The wife herself!
I am walking across the Cornell University campus yesterday on my way to work in the Pot Shop and see a brightly dressed person across the quad taking pictures of the gutter. Tis the wife! I head over for the happy reunion.
She is like "I am taking pictures of gloves in the gutter. I am writing a story!" and I am like
"that one is especially dirty" and we wander on and I see a PAIR! A pair of nice leather gloves (above pic) and we move in to get the photo and then she is like
"are you gonna grab them or shall I?" and I tuck them away and say
"they would just get ruined out here anyways, plus I bet they fit you...." and later in the car she is trying on the one and about to try on the other and I am like
"you know what makes a good glove story? You are trying them on and there is a FINGER IN THERE! A chopped off finger!" and she quick tosses them on the floor and is like
"I DON"T WANT THESE ANYMORE!" and I am like
"Yeah, a chopped off finger with a wedding ring! Whose finger is it??????"
Enjoy her brief story here.
Speed Dating for Mateless Gloves by Maude Rith
“Do you come here often? Do you do this sort of thing all the time? This is my first time here so I guess we have eight minutes before we mutate into mittens. I’m joking, eight minutes until we rotate?
“Have you met anybody here? Do you come because you’ve succeeded or do you come because you’re still looking? No, I’m kidding again. If you had found someone of course you wouldn’t be here. You’d be off with your true glove.
“Speaking of which how did it happen? Oh, that is sad. No, they never hear your mate’s cries. Sometimes I wonder if people would just stop and listen or check to see if they have everything before rushing off there would be fewer of us in this world.
“Me? We were being carried and she was running for the train. In fact, the doors almost closed on her wrist and she was so surprised. We all were but I got on and he didn’t. Her fingers were just loose enough. He fell on the tracks; it was horrible. I probably wouldn’t recognize him now down in the filth and water and rats and trash. But enough about me, what kind of glove are you looking for? What qualities would you compromise on? I see.
“Do you think we get along? Can you see yourself with me? Will you really call me or are you asking for my number just to be nice? Bye, hope to hear from you. I mean it.”
(copyright: everything on this blog except other people's music videos copyright Maude and Gary Rith 2011)
(Enjoy some G Love and special sauce...get it...G LOVE together is...glove!)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY! \m/
- blueberry muffins from heaven
- project for crafty guys: making the mouse mousepad
- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge snow storm!
- HIGH FIVE FRIDAY and HOBOS happen....yes they do....
- great pair of jugs!
- Baby Alex strikes yet again.....
- 'its just a little beagle'
- dig some new pots.....
- 300 photographs.....
- "niche barket"
- slow news day = bring out the rude sock monkeys an...
- the Marc Maron miracle....
- "unusually large ears"
- the wife writes of lovelorn and lonely gloves......
- Jen and Laura weigh in on the elephants.....
- spooky ass
- back to badass....
- Valentine's Day part 2!
- Valentine's Day, part One :)
- My Gal is a COUGAR
- "the day of bad handwriting and typos" by THE WIFE
- Kerry, Kasey and Kupid....
- the beautiful, the badass, the just plain BAD....
- roller girl.....
- Kasey's mom has got it goin' on....
- Missus Baker, Charlotte and Hollywood snow....
- dumpster diving for Valentine's gifts....
- the wife writes of winter and her husband.....
- NOT a monkey shaped pizza
- yarn bowls: not just for breakfast anymore!
- Georges and Ninja Beagle beat the crap outta a can...
- gotta get it....
- NINJA BEAGLE
- PUNKY GEORGES SEES HIS SHADOW and predicts a boatl...
- Bigfoot and Little Dude....
- Jeff and Meesh and me....
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2010 (616)