WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, January 6, 2011
wait till the wife sees THIS
I remember when my first pet died. I was so upset that even the next day I could not figure out how anybody ever got out of bed. Well, I got over it, and other pets have passed away since, and they have taught me a lot about life, death, dying and mourning. Our pets teach us a lot, don't they? Especially since each of ours has been worth a thousand million humans. Like (I think it was) Mark Twain said: "the more people I meet, the more I like my dog". Thanks for all the comments and notes yesterday, jeez! Here I am, poking at the computer, finding the few worthy humans that are as nice as a dog or cat :) Thanks to all of you.
I think the hardest part of our cat Emily's illness was saying goodbye. Trying to make her comfortable. Watching her physically take each step closer to death. And her attempts to be her usual sweet self and say goodbye. And, then, sorry to be morbid, taking her body out into the snow. It is so cold outside, and you have this cold and wet hole to put her into...jeez. As I say, our pets help us learn about death and mourning in a very direct way.
Anyhow, the pets had been very subdued in our house, but then suddenly spent the day more boisterous than I have ever seen them. A celebration of life. A couple of pics of that below.
OK, so the vet says "Penny has beautiful teeth, you have to brush them and keep them that way" which you don't really grow up expecting "One day I will be an adult and I will have to wrestle my beagle to the floor every day and brush her teeth". I do it just before a walk. She loves to walk outside, so I figure get that little unpleasantness out of the way....
These dudes have aperfect sound. I want to hang out with them, I want to go to their parties!!!!!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)