Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, January 3, 2011

badass tall teapot


(teapot by Gary Rith)
I am pretty excited about this thing, just made and fired. I talked about making it last week--a lot of pieces and parts. What am I doing, what is on my mind? Not sure, but something OVER THE TOP. I made another like it yesterday. I understand that we will have the Chinese year of the bunny next month. I made a ton of money a couple of Januarys ago with year of the pig. THEREFORE, I am wondering how I can paint badass bunnies onto black pots...and the usual cute ones too :)

8 comments:

CiCi said...

Cool teapot for sure, Gary. Do you make cookie jars? Skulls aren't my thing but critters are. Hope this year is getting off to a big roar for you.

red dirt girl said...

Very cool! Happy New year to you and yours, friend. I'm a bit behind in my wishings. I blame it on the excessive number of retail returns this year! Waiting to hear if the oldest makes the cut at Cornell...!
xxx

Unknown said...

Year of the Rabbit! I foresee many, many pots this year made with bunnies on them. Happy New Year! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That really is badass Gary.
So are the critters on your header photo. Roooooaaaarrrr!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean my bunny bowl should be on display all year long? :)
Cute bunny bowl... the very first thing I bought from you!

Also, your new years resolution quote has been added to my "favorite quotes" section on my profile page over on fb.

Jay said...

That definitely is a badass teapot! Very cool.

Unknown said...

Just have your bad ass bunny roll over and show his belly like whichever cat that is doing battle with Penny. Looks like fun was being had by all, anyway.

Unknown said...

Love the skull teapot, that would of made an awesome addition to George's scary photo! lol lol :) You know we love it! Shiver me timbers, it's Blackbeards teapot....lol :) I didn't know Pirates had tea socials, wow, live and learn....How could anyone get enough of the Macabre!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.