Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?


My rotton French sock monkey Georges Le Soq is there with the pencil and paper, looking intent. He has not been to bed yet, but at least he ran out of fireworks.
He is like
"mon ami, you Americans, always trying to improve yourselves. Always feeling guilty for zomething" and I am like
"It goes back to the Puritans. Americans grow up believing they always gotta be better, at least until they get a reality TV show."
Georges is like
"I vould be good on zees reality TV shows. But us French? We never feels guilty. We live, we love, we party, ees all good" and I am like
"Uh huh. Quite a party YOU had last night, eh Georges?" and he is like
"before I go to bed, I resolve, I guess, what zee internets all say Americans vill do, exercise more, then I be more sexy for zee ladies"......

Golly, I love this tune

7 comments:

CiCi said...

Hi Gary, Happy New Year to you, your lovely Mrs, and the menagerie at your house.

Unknown said...

Georges may be on to something... drinking WHILE working out?! It sounds very french, like working out in stilettos.

Happy New Year, Gary and Maude (and Georges) and all the fur-kids at the Rith household. Woo! 2011! :)

Emily SIL said...

This year is the year of the wabbit! If Elmer Fudd were here, he'd be so pissed off...

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

1999... How did you find a Prince video that would allow embedding?

Barbara Martin said...

Happy New Year, Gary, and to your family! Georges has the correct idea: wine, women and song with exercise.

Reverend Awesome said...

YES! Year o the sock monkey! I need to get a PJ pic. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

"It goes back to the Puritans. Americans grow up believing they always gotta be better, at least until they get a reality TV show."

ROTFLMBO
That is perfect. I might have to steal it for a favorite quote for my facebook profile page.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.