Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and Christi....


I was over at Christi's yesterday and Benji was back in town. These 2 are my most absolutely best pals, and both are heading off to warmer climes. Benji is passing through...he had lived here in Ithaca, but he is going back to New York city to officiate at a wedding (YES, the handsomist man alive performs weddings...not sure if he is a priest, voodoo doctor, lay minister or just plain minister or maybe even a ship's captain, but the state of NY says he has the power to officiate)and then, something like he goes to Florida to do something with the orange crop then New Orleans for Mardi Gras and then either Texas or New Mexico, one of those....
Christi, as I was saying last week, is an artist and illustrator and has a job for several weeks in THAILAND, which is like, 80 degrees and has monkeys and all the spicy green curry you could want to eat.
Christi lives in her own huge studio and gallery and farm...no veggies growing now, but lotsa chickens...



Benji is mainly a painter, his work on the right side below....






Mmmmm, Bowie...let's dance....

8 comments:

kate et jim said...

Well, HELLOOOOOOO Ben. Still lookin' mighty fine. Now what are you going to be doing with the Oranges in FL?

Christi's place looks great! Need a house sitter while you're gone? lol.

gz said...

another cat that does head butts!

cookingwithgas said...

I think I will miss them!
Safe travels and write often!

Jill Brown said...

Well - boy aren't we friends with world travelers! WOW! You both have a swell time --- Christi - do you need someone to help do anything in Thiland? I mean - I do have some vacation left --- haha. ;)

SAFE TRAVELS!

CiCi said...

What a cool house. You have some artistic friends. I wish them both well as they head out on more of their life adventures.

Reverend Awesome said...

I want to go hang with monkeys!

I love rubbing heads with my cats. Actually, I think I do that with people too. Me and Tori rest our heads on each others and I tell her that we're sharing our brain power.

I love all the plants...and peacock feathers!

Unknown said...

Party party! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, great photos...thanks for sharing! What fun you guys have...wonderful! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.