Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, January 13, 2011

how do you draw yourself?


A couple of days ago I had posted a cute drawing my pal Kasey had done of herself. It is pretty simple and she has a cute skull tee on. I wanted to draw my own self as a quick doodle, and drew it repeatedly, trying to figure out what I see in myself. Hair all over, glasses, smile (some people have told me I have a nice smile, frankly, I like to smile and laugh). I was drawing myself with a skull tee too, but then it became a beagle. Here is the real and the drawn me. Kinda looks right, doesn't it?


LOTSA snow out there today.....


Gosh, Bwie, huh? I know, canNOT be beat. Heroes, TWICE.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, SNOW! (I know, I know...)

Definitely the beagle shirt (although snoopy in a pirate hat? Brilliant!). I can draw a stick figure, but it nowhere near resembles me...

Reverend Awesome said...

Excellent drawing! I'd say you captured yourself pretty darn well!
That's a pretty awesome Snoopy shirt too.

Unknown said...

Your drawing is brilliant!

Janet said...

LOVE snoopy in a pirate hat! Where is that from?

gz said...

I heard that USA has snow in every state except Florida!!! (Even Hawaii!)

Unknown said...

I will definitely draw George and I and post it when I get the chance. Oh so busy, sigh..but I will, love it so!
I posted on the BABB blog about the Hero song. You know we love it! and adore Bowie forever. What a beautiful Man, and a genius.

cindy shake said...

Need the TAT on the arm!! :o)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I do so admire people that can draw like that--it looks like such fun.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.