Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....


As you will recall, Leslie sent us the uber secksy sock monkey Georgine last week. My rotton French sock monkey Georges and his cousin Jacques Le Soq each have a thing for her, and so far as I can tell, she has not decided who she likes better. (of course, Georges is filthy and smells horrible, but anyway...)
So, Leslie ALSO sends us her simple peanut butter cookie recipe, so simeple even a sock monkey with brains of old socks could make them. I am like
"these are missing something, nothing good could be that simple, could it?" and then Georges is like
"Oui, zometing ees missing, ees CHOCOLATE" and I am like
"right on Georges!" but anyway, after a prolonged and noisy interlude in the closet, Georges and Georgine come out looking all flushed.
"Georgine, I am, how you say, FAMISHED" and she blushes prettily and then he is like
"ees time to try baking zee simple peanut butter cookies". And they did not make too much mess and they are DELISH!* Thanks Leslie!


*Georges' Impossibly simple peanut butter cookies
-preheat oven to 350
-mix one cup CHUNKY peanut butter, one cup sugar and one egg in a bowl, stirstirstir!
-Have a cup of tea while you wait for the oven to heat, because that did not take very long ;)
-mix in a bunch of chocolate chips---I prolly put in a cup
-spoon nice little balls onto a cookie sheet---I made about 15
-bake about 8-9 minutes
---------"eees perfect!"

14 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

YUM---peanut butter and chocolate.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I will ONLY let Georges come visit if he promises to make me those cookies!!!

Jeannette StG said...

Oh my, your pic gives me an idea for you -have you ever made a little girl's tea set??
With that food for thought, hope it's not too late to wish you and your beloved a Happy New Year:):) (Later than late -I still need to send my Christmas -scratch that - New Years Wishes in the mail!)

Jeannette StG said...

I'm back to explain: with teaset I mean 8 cups, 8 saucers, a teapot, a sugar and milk whatyamecallit...

cookingwithgas said...

That Leslie- I use this cookie recipe at kiln openings! So easy!
Tell Georgine to ask Maude about waiting for the RIGHT guy and being PICKY about the smelly ones!

k.a. barnes said...

Those cookies look heavenly. I will have to try this ridiculously easy recipe!!

Anonymous said...

oh, my!!

Unknown said...

YUMMM!

Lori Buff said...

Those sound yummy. Gotta try them.

Unknown said...

Wow, yummy for sure! It's nice to see Georges treating Georgine nicely! lol :)

Unknown said...

Hmm.. if only I had an EGG! I can guarantee I'll be making those cookies as soon as I get an egg! :)

Shortstuff said...

So glad you tried them and tarted them up with chocolate to add your very own flair. Tasty little morsels, aren't they? And so easy! I sometimes back up a small batch if the husband and I are headed to friends' houses as a little bread and butter gift. (For those not from the South, when you're invited someplace it's customary to take a small gift, colloquially referred to as a bread and butter gift.)

Shortstuff said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I love the frog pot they're making the cookies in. BTW my mom loved her frog pot. Perfect color and so stylish!

Michèle Hastings said...

that is a recipe i will definitely have to try... will just have to remember to buy chunky peanut butter. we always have the smooth in the house.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.