WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, January 9, 2011
back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
Spike is an enormous cat. Now that Emily cat has passed and he is the only feline, he has big cuddly shoes to fill, and since he is super sized, he does it admirably. He is sometimes too big for my lap when I am trying to type, but he STILL wants to help me blog, I kid you not, so our compromise is this: instead of sitting on the keyboard and playing with the computer mouse, I let him nap in the desk drawer. He is at my right elbow again, right now, snoring....
IN other news, we went out for the burrito and the matinee yesterday. It was snowy and crummy, and DANG, the cinema is toasty and comfy. We saw THE FIGHTER. Get this, we are watching it and it is like "HOLY CATS! Mickey O'Keefe is playing Mickey O'Keefe!". The trainer in the movie is played by the real life trainer. We lived in New Hampshire for ten years, about an hour's drive north of where the movie takes place, by a sweet little lake. We would be walking down the street with our dogs and sometimes we would bump into Mickey and his little dog Maggie. He had a vacation house by ours, and he would come up to read his book with the dog, get a little peace and quiet away from his stressful job as a cop. He would say "I work for the police and do a little training in the ring" and HOLY CATS, that is an understatement. He trained the welter weight world champ!!! AND THEN he gets to play himself in the movie? Wicked cool--he did a great job, totally genuine :)
AND lookit the 2 fine pairs of cups here, just listed at my etsy gallery---just exquisite and such a good price :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)