Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, January 20, 2011

the wife goes to Kansas and....




The wife goes out of town, and basically, everything goes to hell.
Well, no. Of course not. But we get up at 3:40 so she can catch the plane that departs at 6. We live 5 minutes from the airport, but, well, you gotta get up and have a goodbye feast and take the dogs out and put on the lipstick. She tells me cheerfully "I'll be watching everything you do on your blog!". So, basically, gotta keep her updated.

Honey, I went to the grocery store after I dumped you on the cold and dark and snowy curb at 5:30. No, you know I am not one of those hang around and say goodbye types. Not since they forbade guests from walking with passengers to the gate. What can I do, hang around outside, looking through the glass longingly at your pretty face?
Anyway: the store. There were 3 Russian or Serb types doing things to the floor with equipment and one large dude at the checkout. THAT WAS IT as far as I could see. I think the large dude doubles as cashier and bouncer. I was in and out SO fast, but honey, I spent a fortune on raspberries. You know I could not resist that temptation, I was like "fork it, she gets to go off and have fun, leaving me behind to clean the cat box and such, therefore: RASPBERRIES IN JANUARY"

And honey, yes, I walked the dog and finished a boatload of teapots by ten am. It is absurd how much you can get done in life when you get up at 3:40, but then, of course, you want lunch at 10. It was cracker jack and raspberries....probably about all I am gonna eat these next few days....

8 comments:

Jay said...

Cracker Jacks and raspberries? Yummy!

Unknown said...

Raspberries in January! It's like you're royalty or something. ;)

Unknown said...

Aw, Maude is gone! :( I absolutely hate it when I am without George. Well, you got a lot done though, that is good. I get a lot more done when George is gone, but would still rather have him around. Oh he can be way so aggravating, but I love that about him too! :) I would rather have fun, then be accomplished! lol lol :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Man can not live on cracker jacks and raspberries. OR can HE????

k.a. barnes said...

Hmm, you've got grains and you've got fruit. I think that's a pretty healthy meal, you got there.

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh look at what happens when Maude is not around!
Gary gone wild!

Mr. Young said...

Cracker Jacks and raspberries... :-O !! the gateway foods. Next thing you know you'll be downing the Chex Mix and Papayas!

CiCi said...

What is a boatload? Ten? Fifty? Sounds like a good thing whatever the number is.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.