Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, January 20, 2011
the wife goes to Kansas and....
The wife goes out of town, and basically, everything goes to hell.
Well, no. Of course not. But we get up at 3:40 so she can catch the plane that departs at 6. We live 5 minutes from the airport, but, well, you gotta get up and have a goodbye feast and take the dogs out and put on the lipstick. She tells me cheerfully "I'll be watching everything you do on your blog!". So, basically, gotta keep her updated.
Honey, I went to the grocery store after I dumped you on the cold and dark and snowy curb at 5:30. No, you know I am not one of those hang around and say goodbye types. Not since they forbade guests from walking with passengers to the gate. What can I do, hang around outside, looking through the glass longingly at your pretty face?
Anyway: the store. There were 3 Russian or Serb types doing things to the floor with equipment and one large dude at the checkout. THAT WAS IT as far as I could see. I think the large dude doubles as cashier and bouncer. I was in and out SO fast, but honey, I spent a fortune on raspberries. You know I could not resist that temptation, I was like "fork it, she gets to go off and have fun, leaving me behind to clean the cat box and such, therefore: RASPBERRIES IN JANUARY"
And honey, yes, I walked the dog and finished a boatload of teapots by ten am. It is absurd how much you can get done in life when you get up at 3:40, but then, of course, you want lunch at 10. It was cracker jack and raspberries....probably about all I am gonna eat these next few days....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Cracker Jacks and raspberries? Yummy!
Raspberries in January! It's like you're royalty or something. ;)
Aw, Maude is gone! :( I absolutely hate it when I am without George. Well, you got a lot done though, that is good. I get a lot more done when George is gone, but would still rather have him around. Oh he can be way so aggravating, but I love that about him too! :) I would rather have fun, then be accomplished! lol lol :)
Man can not live on cracker jacks and raspberries. OR can HE????
Hmm, you've got grains and you've got fruit. I think that's a pretty healthy meal, you got there.
Oh look at what happens when Maude is not around!
Gary gone wild!
Cracker Jacks and raspberries... :-O !! the gateway foods. Next thing you know you'll be downing the Chex Mix and Papayas!
What is a boatload? Ten? Fifty? Sounds like a good thing whatever the number is.
Post a Comment