Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, January 31, 2011
lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
(pottery by Gary Rith)
You hear that in a week or 2 it is the Chinese Year of the Rabbit. Does not mean a whole lot to me, except for the fact that with year of the Pig a few years ago, I sold a boatload of piggy pots all winter long. That was cool with me, and so I set out to do the same, with bunnies, which have the extra appeal of Easter later on. These cute bowls just outta the kiln. I am bad though, already bored with bunnies, back to skulls and other projects :)
I absolutely love Wallace and Gromit. They use a clay like material in making their movies, and this sculptor shows how they make their bunnies.
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
looks like a bunny hop going on at your place!
and i love Wallace and Gromit - time for walkies?
Thanks for the bunny video, that was cute! I love Wallace and Gromit. I can't even begin to imagine how much work it takes to make all the critters for those movies.. and then all the tweaking to make them move!
I am swooning over the pretty lil bunnies and the gorgeous yellow, so very cheerful. Are they available for sale??
I LOVE those bunny bowls!!!
thank you! I kinda wonder how many MARRIAGE PROPOSALS this sculptor got after doing this video? Us sculptors are sexy as hell :)
Thanks for sharing, Wallace and Gromit are the best!
Your yellow bunny bowls are also the best!
My mom said today: "I like Gary's bunny pots."
I hadn't been to all my daily internet stops yet so I didn't know it was bunny day. I thought it was just a random declaration of loving your bunny pottery. She read your blog before I did! HAHA!
Super cute bunnies. Of course!
Post a Comment