WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, January 21, 2011
even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals the covers at night
Like I say, the wife is on the road, in Kansas for a couple of days. She arrived on time yesterday, but its a big snow storm there (HERE now!) and the rental car agency gives her a 2011 mustang convertible...good GOD...probably the worst car for snow EVER, and at 17 degrees? Who is popping the top open?
ANYWAY, you can see in the pics here that Spike and Penny have the bed all split up. I get the little sliver of space in the middle between them. And even with the wife gone? The sheets and blankets STILL end up on the floor at the wife's side. How does she do that, steal the covers even when she is gone?
At 5 yesterday the dogs were watching at the window for her. They saw the bus go past and went bananas. I had to take them out. After a while we went back in, and Penny stared out the window waiting for her for quite a long time....
and that was when I invented the raspberry martini.* You will recall that I broke the bank and bought a box of raspberries yesterday. They have many many uses. By themselves. With cracker jack. On my breakfast porridge, and OF COURSE they make, as it turns out, the most brilliant martini you have ever tasted.
*I KNOW, somebody probably did this years ago and recipes are probably also all over the internets, but I like to think I invented the raspberry martini :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)