You know how it is:
Last week a customer who DIGS PIGS, as I obviously do, asks, upon seeing my cow teapots:
"hey, are you gonna try to make a piggy shaped teapot???" and it had been on my mind, OH YES.
Today I figured I might give it a try. But, you know, at midday I have that big bean burrito and am feeling blissfully drowsy (WELL! I had a cold!!!! Plus, you know, self-employed people, um, have these sorts of habits)
and I like, crawl into bed after lunch with my favorite beagle.
I am one of those people who who find naps terribly inspiring, and as I fell asleep, I figured out how I wanted to make a piggy teapot.
Woke up a few minutes later, SO EXCITED, and threw the pieces and set them out in the sun so they could quick dry and I could finish the thing right away.
(teapot by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
This new style with the open spout mouth is by far the best thing ever. I loved the cows, I love the pig! Nice job Uncle Gary.
Love it! You should twist the handle into a curly tail ;-)
That is by far the best piggy teapot ever!!!!!
Oh no, I love this too...
It's super great!! Love it. You'll have the whole barnyard soon!
Love the cloven hooves...but there's something about those crazed eyes...
If I were you, I'd take naps every day! Brilliant!
...and "This Little Piggy"
will do well at the market!
...and "This Little Piggy"
will do well at the market.
Post a Comment