Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, April 5, 2010
Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
My rotten little French sock monkey Georges Le Soq has a few good habits (not many) and he was messing around in the kitchen tonight.
I asked "Georges, what kind of mess are you making?" and he is like
"ees NO mess, ees delicious, I guarantee. Get out of here" and I am like
"no way Georges, I just cleaned in here! Smells good though" and he is like
"eet smells, how you say, HEAVENLY. Chop dese onions and obey zee orders or you must leave"
Later, Georges is like, take dese pictures, and I need you to take dese notes: I make a, how you say, BLOG POST for you"
So, Georges is willing to share his....
GEORGES LE SOQ'S (and Gary Rith's) Quick and Easy Pan Pizza
In large mixing bowl, pour in 1 1/2 cups water, 4 teaspoons yeast, 2 teaspoons sugar and stir. Then add 2 tablespoons oil and stir. Then slowly stir in 2 1/2-3 cups flour, enough flour so mix is not sticky and has a nice spongy and cohesive feel. Stir until it seems almost together, then turn out onto floured counter. Scrape the bowl a little cleaner, then coat with oil and set aside.
Knead dough for awhile, adding flour to keep from sticking, then place into bowl, roll dough over, then cover and let sit about 1-2 hours.
Approx. 30 minutes before dinnertime, preheat oven to 400 and coat cookie sheet with a little oil.
Saute some veggies (if you are using very few veggies, chop them small and later put them right onto the crust, but I use a lot of veggies and a large bunch tastes better sauteed in a fry pan---becuase the excess water is already cooked off) in a fry pan with some oil, 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat, let sit and wait.
Turn out flour onto counter, knead a bit, then using a rolling pin roll it almost flat, then place onto cookie sheet and finish flattening and spreading it. Bake 6 minutes then pull out to top.
I make my own tomato sauce, but for quick, just use some of Newman's spaghetti sauce from a jar--quick and easy. Spoon some onto crust. Use slotted spoon and get veggies out of fry pan, spread around. Top with cheese--I use rice cheese, which is a fake non-dairy alternative. For this pizza, we sliced and seeded some tomatos and added those at the end.
Bake about 15 minutes, until it looks DONE. Pull out, let it sit 2 minutes, then cut and EAT. As Georges says
"ees zo GOOD"
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I'll HAVE to try this.
Thanks Georges and Gary!
Ah, sounds delicious! Thanks Georges for sharing with us. Who cleaned up the kitchen afterwards??
oh we are so teaching clemetine to make this, Pronto!
Your pizza always looks soooo good! I have to try your recipe!
That looks freaking delicious!! Also, never thought of putting veggies INTO the crust. You're a genius Georges/Gary!
Post a Comment