Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, April 12, 2010
talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
(bowls and plate by Gary Rith, zoop by that surly sock monkey)
One day I come home from the store with this soup "Vegan Thai Curry soup" and we try it, and it knocks our socks off. It is SO good, but entirely easy to see what is in it. Georges is like
"step back, I can make zis zoop" and I am like "you're kidding, its awesome. OK what do you need from the store????"
and this is Georges Le Soq and Gary and Maude's rather extraordinary Thai curry Zoop
-cook 1/2 cup rice in 1 cup water---the soup from the store and we also use 1/4 cup wild rice and 1/4 cup brown rice, but whatever
--in large soup pot, saute a few garlic cloves and 2 diced carrots in oil, then toss in a half cup frozen peas---saute 5-10 minutes
--pour into the soup pot 1 quart vegetable broth, the rice, and 1 tablespoon of curry powder and lotsa black pepper, stir, simmer 10-20 minutes
--spoon into bowls, and top with slivered almonds and raisins
This is the easiest and tastiest zoop you have EVER had in your life and guests will be impressed and they don't need to be told how easy it is :) They can just think you are AWESOME.
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:18 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Wow, thats ZOOPER!! Couldn't resist, but it does indeed sound easy and tasty!
I'll have to try making this zoop, especially on a chilly day.
And yes, setting fires is a blast!
That does look good.. I had pizza and salad for dinner, but I'm hungry again. :)
amigo, that is one simple recipe... amazing!
That sounds super easy, Gary! Have you ever tried Pad Thai? Heavenly!
For some reason, the idea of peas and raisins just don't go together. Sounds like sauerkraut and strawberries.
No, no, no, no, Lynda! Stop and think. Peas, sweet, rasins, sweet and it sounds to me like a mouth-watering goody! Bravo, Gary, or, M. Le Soq. I never can tell the difference between you, you know.
Ummm....that soup looks yummy! I want to try some. C'est magnifique.
Post a Comment