No really, tonight I belly up to the bar at the Chapterhouse for a wee little beer and John at the bar is like
"this one's on me!"
and I am like "????" and
John is like "I can give you a beer if I want!!!"
and I am like "!!!!!"
I slide on back into the booth with the wife and the Friday afternoon gang, and say
"John gave me a free beer!!!" and Carol (I think it was Carol, but maybe it was Leslie or Steve) is like
"its because you're good for business! You're always coming in with a million friends!!!!" which is like, a good point.
Nice mellow gang tonight, 7-8 of us, Tommy couldn't make it in the end but we certainly had fun without him....
Below is Carol on the right, my best pal, and we hadn't had her along for a few weeks when she went out of town, and it has been MONTHS since my best pal Leslie came along. Like, 2009. She came along tonight with her excellent husband Dale on the left.
AND, lucky us, Judy and Steve Gallow came along again this week...
Speaking of John at the bar.....
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 23, 2010
"and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he gets me my drinks for free..."
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:51 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I so miss you all!
So, if Dale is Leslie's excellent husband, does that mean that she has others who aren't? Like mediocre or terrible ones? ;-)
Gordo cracked me up...
I had to come back and read this post, because 1) I love Billy Joel, and 2) I knew it was gonna be a Chapterhouse post. I often mentally put myself there on Friday afternoons. :)
I bet your seats will be bronzed one day.
Post a Comment