Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, April 12, 2010
yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
(teapot by Gary Rith for sale here)
You know how it is, you have a kitchen? You have to mop the floor. You have to take care of things even if you would rather be making piggies or staring off into space or even blogging.
Same holds true with yard workand gardening, even though I hate them. I spend one hour once a year doing yardwork, and the wife helped me get fencing around our apple trees. I don't mind the deer and the bunnies, but the I do mind them eating up our apple trees. They will probably find some devilish way to eat them anyway.
Finishing that little project, I started gathering rocks so I can burn stuff in a new fire pit. I don't have that many rocks at the moment, but I do have an immense flat slab. It all works and we got a nice big blaze going for our evening happy hour. I will add to the fire pit whenever I find more rocks....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 7:15 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Wow your grass is so green already! Don't ya just love fire pits?
cocktail hour by an open fire pit...oh the life.
I would love to have apple trees. That would be cool.
I love fire!!!!
I know you must be kidding...one hour per year??? You are a nut.
Hooray for fire pits! You need someone like SnakeMaster to drag up rocks from the creek for you -- that's how we built ours. :)
Only ONE HOUR of yardwork? SuperDad has put in about 20 hours this weekend alone! But we have peas in the garden coming up (every 2 weeks he plants a few more) and fresh asparagus every night. YUM!
The oldest boy, MusicMan worked with 1500 pounds of mulch this weekend. Why yes, he is strong!
And that is a lovely glaze, lovely teapot! You are making me love green there...
What are you burning? the side of the house?
why YES, one torturous hour per year of yard work, not counting shovling snow or cutting the lawn :) it all looks a little shaggy out there...
Maude has a Felix hat!
I love burning things. Fire=Fun
Glad to hear someone else loves fire as much as I do ;o) Can't believe all the GREEN -didn't you guys just have some snow??! We are still sooo far from green, I'm jealous.
Love the outdoor happy hour!!
potters LOVE fire!!!
Post a Comment