Yesterday afternoon is warm and sunny and it hits 5 pm and I am like, to the wife,
"grab the Grey Poupon, I got the tofu pups* and the penguin, LET'S GO" and out we step to the wee little fire pit in the back yard. I really need to cut the grass, I am the only neighbor here who has not yet, but today its raining OH WELL.
So me and the penquin did our little dance, and I hadn't mixed these martinis right, I slipped up and poured a little too much vermouth...and vodka....but DAMN they were the best martinis EVER (I used a pen and wrote this new recipe on my hand) and the wife sat out there cackling and giggling the whole time
"YOU'RE SUCH A PYRO!!!!"
and then it was time for the tofu pups (new chipotle flavor!!!) and I, um, sorta crisped 'em good and black cause they caught fire, as you shall see, and it was a lucky thing we had lotsa Grey Poupon and salad....
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
those weenies look a little charred!
they were, you know, a little crisp around the edges
Mmm... charred tofu pups. My favorite. :)
Weenies with a martini! Now that's one classy combo! (What about having s'mores after? Then it's a three course meal.)
That looks like fun.. Hope you didn't encounter some doggie bombs where you sat. LOL!!!
The martinis would have sent me into the next sphere. Denis can tell you all about my liquid launchers a few seasons back.
You two are such a romantic couple. :)
I love that closeup martini and fire pit shot.
i've said it before and i'll say it again...you and maude know how to enjoy life.
LOVE the Penguin!! I want one ;o) Looks like you should be doing more Raku with your love of flames -I didn't know Tofu could burn!
You two are always having such a good time. My parents are always having fire's in the backyard. If I had a backyard I would have a fire pit. Fo Sho.
Ha. This looks all good...aside from the burnt weenies...hence the vodka!!!!
Aren't firepits GRAND?
I was all "penguin?!?" and then I saw the picture. :)
There is nothing like a good martini...
hi amigo... i should've thought of starting a fire in the backyard as an idea of something to do when my out of town guests were here. you can't go wrong with fire as far as being an entertaining host. those vegan dogs look good even a bit well done.
You two are adorable!! What fun you make for yourselves. And the pups are perfect, just how I like 'em. Keep the alcohol away from the fire though....
Post a Comment