Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
You may recall my rotton French sock monkey Georges insisted on helping me glaze early yeasterday morning. Above you can see him hindering, I mean helping, load the glaze firing. This morning we peeked in, and you can see what 24 hours and 2200 degrees can do. That teapot is glazed strawberry, but as you see the glaze is green before firing, the reddish brown color goes black. Cool eh? That teapot also was a whisker from touching the kiln lid when closed, and I relieved that it didn't touch the lid and fuse to it in firing.
In other news, Georges went to sleep and had a nap and at noon he wanders out of his closet. Georges is like
"I am hongry" and he is poking through the kitchen and sees the 4 elderly bananas and Georges is like
"zees bananas, dey are UGLY!" and I am like "well, just RIPE, very ripe" and Georges is like
"we make zee banana bread vis dese and some of dose blueberries, oui???" and I am like
"fine, but careful with the blender!!!!" Watch the video below and you'll see Georges and the blender and a boatload of bananas....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:21 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
George- I am waiting for you to get your summer clothes out.
And if you have time come over and glaze for me.
but the soup! Yum!
Georges: You know your way around the kitchen for sure. Where did you get the strength to mash those bananas like that?
hilarious, aside from the french accent, george's voice sounds remarkably similar to yours amigo
I must say its looking more and more if Georges is earning his keep! Maybe he could be hired out to do odd jobs....
Georges puts my baking to shame.
He's terribly ornery for being so small. :)
Wow... thats a lot of naners going into that bread!
As someone inexperienced in the ways of the potter that is fascinating to me seeing the before and after of the glazes. Who knew? Well, maybe most of you. But not me!
Georges is a tramp.
i was also wondering when goerges was going to break out his summer clothes...
blueberry banana bread! mmmmmmm
Just a bit further in there georges. just dunk your head a bit further into the blender.
Post a Comment