Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my new gig: Notes From a Former Cabana Boy

OK, one women's colony retires, but a new one rises from the ashes, AND THEY HIRED ME TO WRITE FOR IT.

Chapter one, Notes from a Former Cabana Boy

Golly, the HONOR: asked to write for Women's Colony 2.0!!! I had sort of asked Heather once or twice, you know, all casual like, "Hey Heather, if you need a male perspective, you know, well, think of me!". Heather is adorable, but apparently she DID NOT think of me, except as a piece of meat. Well, mancake, really. I was never asked to be a writer, BUT I WAS ASKED to be a cabana boy.

and I blogged about it too


At first, you know, I was TOTALLY INSULTED that nobody was respecting MY BRAIN, but you know, metaphorically passing out rum drinks and towels to women poolside is FUN, metaphorically.

Speaking NOT metaphorically, I hung around Derwad Manor, The Women's Colony and now here because ya'll are fun and interesting. And, according to statistics ( I COUNTED) 9 out of 10 women say: Gary= NOT skeevy.

Find my daily blog and baloney at http://garysthirdpotteryblog.blogspot.com/

or email me or facebook me at garyrith@yahoo.com

:)

2 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

Totally not skeevy! This is wonderful!
I feel like at this point is when the Women's Colony said, "Release the Krakan!"
So excellent!!

cookingwithgas said...

looks like you and Johnny will have to get a new gig since the WC went under- so sad.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.