WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, June 10, 2010
BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Taps Jill!
(above, Jill and her husband Dave and 3 girls and puppy SKYE, below, some of Jill's photography)
Once again, the OH SO SECRETIVE, ELITE, PRESTGIOUS, ARTY and WACKY BAMF Art Blog Bunch taps a new member, today, JILL BROWN from Iowa! Another Iowan, yes indeedy.
BABB members meet several qualifications to be chosen, a few of which include: arty, friendly, wild, NOT BORING.
Thanks again Gary (and to the other BABBs!) I am so excited! :) When you guys started it... I though to myself... now THAT is a super-cool idea! :)
So it sounds like the hardest part about being a part of this group is, well... nothing!!! :) It's going to be so fun! I'm going to have to give some thought to my first BABB post. ;)
SOOOO.... you really want to know about little old me?? Okay... well I suck at this... so... here goes... take it, leave it, edit it, make something up. ;)
I was born in Rockford, IL in 1975.... blah, blah, blah... fast-forward.
I have three BeAuTiFuL daughters who are the most fun, creative, smart, loving, kind girls I know. I *love* being a mama. I also have a great husband who's name is Dave. We have been married for 14 years and he is my best friend. I mean what else is someone who puts up with my craziness and hangs around for THAT long! I also have a petting zoo at my house... three dogs, a cat, three guinea pigs and three birds! Come on by! Admission is free! I'll even give you a beer while you visit! ;)
I love, love, love photography. Did I mention that I love it? I studied Fine Arts at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. I emphasized in both photography and ceramics. I loved both, but decided that the photog thing was more my thing. (But thanks to Becky - I get to keep my hand in it just for fun!!)
I have two sides to my photography... one is my wedding and portrait work. I spend lots of evenings and weekend with wedding couples and families photographing and documenting their life for them... it's great!!
The other is my fine art work. I am in love with barns. I have a whole series of barn images that are taken digitally and manipulated to look like they were taken with old film cameras. I also have an obsession with film. Currently, I am experimenting with medium format and film. It's so much fun! I hope get my darkroom up and running here in the next year - then no one will ever see me! (kidding!!)
Some of the things that I love besides photography...
My kids, my husband, my doggie, nature walks, fresh air, beautiful forest, skies dotted with clouds, hammocks, friends, hooping, camping, campfires, laughter, hugs, pottery, hand-made stuff, quiet, sounds of the outdoors, a house on lots of land, a small quiet lake with a dock.
That about sums me up. :)
THANKS AGAIN! I AM ALL GRINS TODAY!!!
Jill has a bunch of links: flicker
an etsy gallery
and a website!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- bleeding fugitive breaks into my house...
- maybe see some of you?
- do NOT be a mangey bear down there.....
- Penny = BERRY HOUND
- oh yay!
- the guy tells me "don't kill yourself"
- one of those months...one of those days...
- tighty whities vs boxers smackdown
- GARY: advice columnist and guru for the gals...
- Georges Le Soq makin' the tater tot chili....
- Dudes in shorts
- today she did NOT kick my azz...
- ribbit :)
- post father's day blues....
- Father's Day = FREE POST IT NOTES
- "I'm more..."
- so THAT was Friday.....
- when junk food worlds collide!!!!
- a new venture
- back to the yellow bowl and the TEAPOT CONUNDRUM
- the anti-authoritarian, anarcho-punk pot
- dig the big yellow bowl....
- MAUREEN GOES BABB
- "I want to kill, KILL!"
- my new gig: Notes From a Former Cabana Boy
- ....glaze mixing and other filthy jobs....
- I WANT TO WRAP YOU IN LEATHER....
- in which we travel to New Yawk city...
- NY city dude
- the wee road trip....
- ON A MISSION...back soon....
- I AM NOT a loser
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Taps Jill!
- ME in ten questions, times TWO
- Georges Le Soq goes ninja on your azz...
- Christi and the ink
- and the lady returns....
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Spring Show
- FIRST time a pretty girl has asked me to dance, bu...
- Open studio today!
- just some new things I am working on...
- photoshoot with Benji and Christi....
- could Georges Le Soq have actually.......
- the case of the purloined peonies....
- international hobo movement: do NOT do what Georg...
- CUTE alert
- Belle Melange
- June 1 = favorite day of the year
- ▼ June (52)