Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 21, 2010

post father's day blues....


Thursday, pre-party, Tommy is like "make your triple chocolate cookies for Saturday night's party at Judy's" and I DO, despite, the high heat and humidity, and dang, whaddya know, Tommy was a no-show. There were a lot of OTHER people at that party, and they cleaned the plate up pretty quick. But we left a few of the ugly ducklings at home for our personal use....
Dang, I have a show for July at Belle Melange, you KNOW I wasn't resting on father's day....had to scrub the kitchen and bathroom, too, actually---father's day or not, you GOTTA CLEAN. We have decided to pretend that we are reforming hoarders (we are NOT, but its an exercise) or that we are moving, and are trying to clean and get rid of all of our extra crapola. Spring cleaning.



YES. Yes, Spike is a very big cat. Hard for the missus to contain. An armload.
The wife does not often have to cook, (I don't let her into my kitchen now, do I?) but she makes this devilish spicy pizza, and she and Penny made me some for father's day.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been doing some spring cleaning too... isn't it nice to declutter? Brian thinks I'm a Hoarder, but he's never seen the show, so I think he's confused on the definition of 'hoarder'. ;)

Mmm... cookies. *drool*

Busy Bee Suz said...

Spring cleaning is good...keeps us all from showing up on that scary show: "Hoarders"
Love the photo of missus and the tiny cat. :0

Reverend Awesome said...

Scott almost hoarded the container that his wallet came in yesterday. He was looking for a spot to put it and I said, "what are you going to do with that?" and he said, "I was going to hoard it." He fears hoarding. God bless him.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

somehow, hoarding is a SPORT, but not one you want to admit to...

Mr. Young said...

I don't think of it as hoarding... because if I throw it away I will need it for a project in less than a week! Need a counterweight to hold up that drooping handle- I know I have that rusty half pound bolt around here somewhere... and where is that ball of string!?!?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.