WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, June 18, 2010
when junk food worlds collide!!!!
The other day, Kasey is like "I went to Fong's in Des Moines and GOT TACO PIZZA" and there was this lurid picture of this gooey and fattening mess. I was like
"DANG!!!! I CAN DO THIS!"
Looking at the photo it appeared to be simply** (recipe follows post, but this is the basic idea)
--refried beans covered with salsa
I made mine from scratch, and dang! It was tasty!!!!
** Gary's take on taco pizza
--I make a pizza crust with 2 teas. yeast into 3/4 cup water, one tbs. sugar and one tbs. oil, stir, then add one and a half cups flour, turn out and knead on floured counter. Let rise in oiled bowl 1-2 hours
--People say beans and veggies make you GASSY---not if you cook stuff correctly. I sauteed bell pepper and onion in the skillet with oil, then added refried beans and cooked on low 20-30 mins.
--I use a pizza stone---place rolled out pizza dough into preheated 400 degree oven for five minutes, pull out and top with bean stuff and salsa to cover
--I used as toppings: tofurkey sausage, olives and vegan cheese
--back in to bake---9 minutes, pull out
--cover with corn chips!!! Bake 2 more minutes, or until everything looks nicely baked
Find a gorgeous chick to impress, like your wife, and pour her a glass of cheapo jug vino and serve her with slavish devotion....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- bleeding fugitive breaks into my house...
- maybe see some of you?
- do NOT be a mangey bear down there.....
- Penny = BERRY HOUND
- oh yay!
- the guy tells me "don't kill yourself"
- one of those months...one of those days...
- tighty whities vs boxers smackdown
- GARY: advice columnist and guru for the gals...
- Georges Le Soq makin' the tater tot chili....
- Dudes in shorts
- today she did NOT kick my azz...
- ribbit :)
- post father's day blues....
- Father's Day = FREE POST IT NOTES
- "I'm more..."
- so THAT was Friday.....
- when junk food worlds collide!!!!
- a new venture
- back to the yellow bowl and the TEAPOT CONUNDRUM
- the anti-authoritarian, anarcho-punk pot
- dig the big yellow bowl....
- MAUREEN GOES BABB
- "I want to kill, KILL!"
- my new gig: Notes From a Former Cabana Boy
- ....glaze mixing and other filthy jobs....
- I WANT TO WRAP YOU IN LEATHER....
- in which we travel to New Yawk city...
- NY city dude
- the wee road trip....
- ON A MISSION...back soon....
- I AM NOT a loser
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Taps Jill!
- ME in ten questions, times TWO
- Georges Le Soq goes ninja on your azz...
- Christi and the ink
- and the lady returns....
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Spring Show
- FIRST time a pretty girl has asked me to dance, bu...
- Open studio today!
- just some new things I am working on...
- photoshoot with Benji and Christi....
- could Georges Le Soq have actually.......
- the case of the purloined peonies....
- international hobo movement: do NOT do what Georg...
- CUTE alert
- Belle Melange
- June 1 = favorite day of the year
- ▼ June (52)