Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I AM NOT a loser






(some mug variations I am trying and Penny mugs for the camera)
Heck, I win stuff ALL THE TIME. 6th grade, I won the Star Wars poster even though I hadn't seen the movie. I won class representative in 10th grade, then we moved. I won Missus Tastycake, and hell, when we met, she was dating a DOCTOR (D!CK), and 2 years ago I won movie tickets from the radio station. I mean, I walk down the street, find quarters, four leaf clovers, all these things...

Thursday, the dude at WVBR announces "third caller wins 2 movie tix!" and I am finishing a mug, and fiddling with it, and I say to myself "BOY, you know those are YOURS!!!!!". My little Spidey sense or ESP or somesuch, but anyway, I FINALLY call the station and it rings ten times and the DJ answers and he is like YOU'RE A WINNER! And just like 2 years ago when I won movie tix from them, they announce "Congrats to Gary in Etna for winning 2 movie tix!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! So whatcha gonna go see???

Reverend Awesome said...

You are a winner! In so many ways.

I'll tell you what movie NOT to see, Sex and the City 2.
I have a feeling that wasn't on your list of maybe's though.

k.a. barnes said...

Yay for winning things!
And yay for beautiful mugs and sleepy beagles!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

It is for cinemopolis, the arty farty movie place I love so much. Wonder if they are playing Rachelle Rachelle....

Unknown said...

WOOO! You are a viener. :)

Jay said...

When I was in jr high I won Alabama's "Mountain Music" album by getting the name of Archie Bunker's son in law correct for the local radio station.

Mike Stivic FTW!!!

Cheryl said...

Woo hoo! You are certainly a winner!! Penny too...love her poses for the photos, the teeth baring one was scary...

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Of course you're not a loser, honey. You're a winner!! And a radio station has proven it.

Anonymous said...

kudos! my biggest win to date was $1000 from a scratch ticket my brother gave me for me b-day last year.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.