Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 14, 2010

I WANT TO WRAP YOU IN LEATHER....

It may be the biggest post I have ever done, last August when I got a leather jacket at a garage sale. People, I mean it, people still talk about it.
BELIEVE it or not, back over at the yellow house, John and Stephanie are having another garage sale yesterday, with ANOTHER leather jacket out there. John is my size, but taller.
Anyway last year I kept walking the dog back and forth by their house until finally I caved and bought the immaculate, new condition motorcycle jacket that Stephanie/s cute mom encouraged me to buy (YES, she is a grandma, and who can resist a cute grandma???)
OK, so yesterday, at the garage sale? GRANDMA IS BACK. And John was selling this BAMF leather jacket. Much cheaper than last summer's, and already totally broken in! The wife got pics. It only took 3 visits this time....

This morning I am having the coffee break, and everybody wants a piece of that action......
I was working at the Cornell studios this morning with Tommy and the rest (gossiping about YOU and making teapots) and had a picnic with the wife later. We had our peanut butter outside her office, just down a bit from the studio. The thing is, Cornell LOOKS Ivy League, and it is. And here is US, hanging around around loving it....

8 comments:

Matt Sutkoski said...

The jacket is awesome. Funny, I got a leather gift yesterday, too. A really cool Italian leather bracelet from my S.O.

BTW the jacket looks perfect on you. You'll never regret buying it, especially with the deal you got.

Matt Sutkoski said...

The jacket is awesome. Funny, I got a leather gift yesterday, too. A really cool Italian leather bracelet from my S.O.

BTW the jacket looks perfect on you. You'll never regret buying it, especially with the deal you got.

Norah said...

Nice Gary! I hope i get to see you sometime soon. Did you see? I posted a bagel picture on the top of my blog just for you... seeing as i never got around to blogging about them when i made them. Next time, I suppose!

Miss Heather said...

You are SO HOT in the leather jacket! LOVE IT!!! :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

MM has already made his college choice, but EB is still deciding, and Cornell really is a beautiful campus!

Speaking of peanut butter, I am working on a post for you with a certain recipe you asked for...

Unknown said...

Looking very spiffy in the new leather!

Lynda said...

BAMF, Baby, BAMF!

Reverend Awesome said...

Bad Ass Mother Effer! Yes, you are. I love clothes that are already worn in. I imagine leather jackets are especially wonderful all worn in.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.