Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the case of the purloined peonies....




The wife is headed out of town for a couple of days and I am giving her a handful of small vases to pass around to some of our various cousins. They are on the table at dinner and she is like
"this black one wobbles" and I am like
"I know, the bottom is uneven, but its gorgeous eh?" and she is like
"its mine, and I bet it looks great with white flowers" and after dinner we are walking the dogs
over by our neighbors the gun nuts and I am making sure at least one of my dogs poops in their side yard (you think I am kidding, don't you? let's just say that me and the dogs have visited their side more than once today) and I see a small and gorgeous peonie bush with gorgeous white blooms and I tell the wife
"cover for me" and pull out the pen knife and snip the white bloom for her....

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Haha...can just imagine you stealthily (is that even a word?) sneeking under the bushes to snip a peony. And, the vases are all so pretty with the peonies and the heart shaped scones are making me hungry...

Liz said...

too funny, you're gonna get shot at one of these days if you aren't careful

Reverend Awesome said...

I love that your rebellion involves both poop and peonies.

Anonymous said...

As a gardener who has had treasured flowers--and whole plants--stolen from my garden, I gotta tell you, this is not cool. And I hate gun nuts, too...now dog poop is ok, 'cause you're giving 'em something, not stealin' sumthin' ya know what I mean? Other than that, I love you and Maude and Georges and critters...

Michèle Hastings said...

peonies are my favorite... and if i had an abundance of them i wouldn't mind if you stole one or two (actually i would invite you over to pick them).

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Anon: HA! Tough bananas. Those people are JERKS! I get my revenge any way I can....

Jill Brown said...

Your such a rebellious romantic! ;) Such a sweet guy! :)

Jeannette StG said...

Wow, those pots are gorgeous, Gary!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.