Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

....glaze mixing and other filthy jobs....


I know you were DYING to find out what I did today! OK then, there was the trip to the grocery store with the WIFE (golly, we bought SUNFLOWERS!) and an afternoon spent in the dungeon mixing glaze buckets. It is such a filthy job. There is a guy coming tomorrow to work on the water system in the basement, so I thought I would multi-task: mix glazes, which I do down there, and clean up so the guy can do his thing with our pipes. Our basement is not as horrible as it could be: dry, concrete floor, no putrid smells, but it is a 150 year basement and dusty and all. Esp. with all my glaze powders, hundreds of pounds of dust...
Let's just say that I ended the afternoon looking like a guy who works in a flour factory, so i cut the lawn.
Let's look at cute cats and dogs. Spike and Penny are SO lovey dovey....

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Its a tough job but somebody has to do it, huh?

Unknown said...

Ugh.. glaze mixing. Not my favorite part of pottery, but Cheryl is right... somebody has to do it. :)

k.a. barnes said...

At least you don't have a Silence-of-the-Lambs basement. Ours has a stream running through it and I always feel like I should be wearing those heat-sensitive turn-everything-green-goggles when I go down there, which has been twice since we bought the house four years ago. Yay for dry basements---especially around here!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.