Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"you sure are cute for a bundle of neuroses"

Dreamt, among other things, that I was given a nice calligraphy brush set so I spent the night glazing pots. Sorry, no celebrity citings in my dreams today!

Last night I am in bed with the beagle next to me and the wife sits down on my feet.
I am like
"get off my feet! I'll have a panic attack!"
and she is like "panic attack???" and I am like
"YES! Its not a preference, its a psychological hangup!!!!" and she is like
"you sure are cute for a bundle of neuroses" which is true, I am like full of odd hangups and anxieties but then she can see the little lightbulb pop up above my head, and I am reaching for a note pad and she is like
"you're not writing this down to blog it are you???" but she hands me a pencil and tells the dog
"he sure is cute for a bundle of neuroses" and finally got off my feet.

(teapot by Gary Rith)
Wow, this tune was all over the radio when I was a kid, and this video is SOMETHING ELSE

12 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

I understand being married to cute and neuroses! I usually dont like yellow pots....but the glaze on that teapot rocks!

Unknown said...

Veryyyy clever, Maude. I like it. I think I'll use it on Brian.

Lovely teapot, super cute piggie! Look at the cute ears going two different directions. It's like he's an inquisitive piggie.

Anonymous said...

i guess we're all bundles of neuroses, it's just that we think the neuroses others have are not good ones and the ones we have aren't so bad. that's pretty neurotic. that's one bright yellow glaze on the teapot... i like the big handle. was off the grid yesterday and noticed the vid you sent and in a previous post. i see why you see a resemblance to the bug... mostly the hairdo but some of the faces she makes too. mom didn't think so tho.

cookingwithgas said...

yes- yes we are.... twitch twitch...

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is so funny. This is the wonderful part of love...those who love us, love us even with all our hangups!!!
I love Rod Stewart!!!

Jay said...

You're whack. ;-)

Reverend Awesome said...

There needs to be some sort of Maude Fan Club. What a wonderful lady.

Anonymous said...

I want to join the Maude Fan Club!

Cheryl said...

Man, Rod Stewart and those darn pants...I used to play and replay that over and over...ah to be young again...Anyhow, love the teapot in yellow.

red dirt girl said...

mwahaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa - bundle of neuroses !!!!!! I'M jotting this one down to take to dr. jab next psych visit ......!!

rod!!!!! (need i say more ????)

Matt Sutkoski said...

I, too, love that phrase "bundle of neurosis"
I'm now neurotic because I didn't think of it first.

BTW, the scary thing about that Rod Stewart video is he looks strikingly like Bonnie Tyler, circa 1983 (Total Eclipse of the Heart) and they have the same voice.
Are they the same person?

Jeannette StG said...

I love the yellow tea pot! You're not doing too badly for a beginner analyst:)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.