Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superb Bowls and a new azz tat for the wife

This week I am putting together the wife's lunch and get a wee little idea and try to doodle a little alligator and a heart. You know, as a lovey dovey note to toss in there with the peanut butter sandwich. The doodle looks good, so I decide it would look even better on SUPERB BOWLS and I make a couple of SUPERB BOWLS and paint that alligator on there. (not fired yet)
Yesterday the wife, that s3xy thang, is scrubbing the bathtub and I see that little flash of lower back-upper azz that always gets a man's attention and I am like
"hold still" and she doesn't hold still but I pull out my sharpie and start to draw on her and she is like
"what are you DOING?" and I am like
"drawing an alligator tat on you" and then, you know, before you know it I am taking a picture of my art work, as I do, and she sees the flash and is like
"you're not gonna blog that are you???" and really, is there any answer to that question?

Rather amusing video here from SNL with Amy Poehler and HER back tat...





My dogs are not impressed....

17 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Ms. Tastycakes is one special women.
You two are the perfect match-and love the tat.
Will she keep it?
Good looking pots!
You rock the teapot world.

Unknown said...

So really the lesson is, if you see Gary with a Sharpie, RUN! ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

or if you see me coming along with a camera :)

Anonymous said...

amigo... it took me a year to get mom to be alright with her picture on the blog but i think it may take 3 decades before she would let me post a pic of her lower back... maude is such a good sport

Anonymous said...

Gary, Gary, Gary....
[shakes head while smiling]

Need any snow? ;)

Jay said...

That's hot.

Jen Mecca said...

Your wife is never safe....poor Maude. She is a good sport. Get the girl an extra Valentine this year!

Land of shimp said...

Dogs are quite difficult to impress, really. Unless something involves a very strong odor (bacon, dead bird, what have you), a leash being dangled, or the promise of rolling in something disgusting (and preferably strong smelling), they're like perpetual teenagers, "So?"

Now, if they could interpret the drawing as a potential belly rub for either of them? That has potential in the dog world. Otherwise, get back to them when you stink, or want to go for a walk. Preferably both at once.

Gary, do you have any sort of online shop? Linky, linky?

Also, your story reminded me of something from that past: One of my mother's friends was married to a wonderfully goofy man, and frankly you rather remind me of him in your sense of humor. Now I know why:

One day upon exiting the shower, this woman discovered her husband, seated outside the bathtub , sitting on a folding chair, holding a bowl of popcorn, "I'm ready for the show." he told her.

Another time, as she was getting dressed (and this lady was a substantial person, but very comfortable with that, as was her husband): He approached her with a magic marker, and began making X's on her body.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Charting sunken bones." Replied he.

You and that man, whose name was Ken, would have gotten along swimmingly, I feel certain of it :-)

denis said...

that tat looks great on maude!

happy superbowl sunday everyone!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

My buddy Nance said it was a TRAMP STAMP on the wife! Har!

Busy Bee Suz said...

tramp stamp on the missus? Nah.
I do like the gators though...you could reach a whole new demographic of Florida Gator graduates!!
That video was hilarious...I may have to steal it myself. Made me laugh out loud.

Beej said...

Beautiful, beautiful pottery!

Nicki said...

The gators are great and Maude looks fantastic with one!

BSOB said...

i hope you didnt put the laundry in the kiln

Anonymous said...

TOO funny! love the video and the pottery as always EXCELLANTE!

Reverend Awesome said...

Maude is such a good sport. You have a wonderful lady. You know that. We all know that.

Cheryl said...

I just don't know what to say...but I loved the video for sure! Your wife is a saint.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.