Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

eaten by 2 lions....

I dreamt I was in an enormous tent-shaped paper bag with 2 lions who were thinking about eating me. Now I know how little mice feel around my 2 cats....

Basically, as you know I am making a series of small teapots, trying out shapes and textures and such, just little things. I pictured a red teapot Sunday and Tiffany bought it right away but I had made another like it and it came out of the kiln before I had to ship the first one. You can see I am pushing the red teapot idea around, thinking about possibilities, plus, of course, my favorite spring green glaze and piggies....






(pottery by Gary Rith)

Kittie was a HEAVY heavy metal band ten or so years ago, 2 teenage sisters from Ontario. They kicked AZZ and have gotten HEAVIER each year. I mean, like, doomsday heavy, scary heavy metal. Here is a new release from them, full of screeching, but rather fascinating too...this is NOT music most people would like


ten years ago, tis most good--I remember the DJ introducing this: "Brackish, by Kittie from the album Spit"--don't you just LOVE heavy metal, especially when it is a bunch of women who would love to kick your azz?

13 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

Your teapots are fantastic. How big are they? Always said I wasnt interested in trying them....but lately I am thinking differently. They are on my to do list!

Unknown said...

Lovin' the elephant teapots. You're on a roll... and I like how you photograph them... like they're all sitting there, having a conversation. :)

Why is the band Kitty so angry... their name is Kitty! Geesh.

Lori Buff said...

When are you going to put a lion on a teapot? Your dream may have been a message.

Kimberly said...

Gary..drink some chamomile tea before going to bed and you will sleep so much better! No more lions chow'ing on yer pelt in the middle of the night.

Jay said...

Those elephant teapots are just incredible. I love that color of red.

Cindy Powers said...

I think it's time for a lion pot!

Susan as Herself said...

Yes---time for lions---on anything!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I wonder if you taste like Chicken to the lions??
That is a nice red; brick!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Maybe the Lions are trying to tell you to make some pottery versions of them?

FYI, that is one of my favorite colors of glaze you do -- that Spring Green. (Especially, pretty with that little drizzle of blue) :-)

Unknown said...

Those elephant teapots are fantastic! I love the red colour too.

Werner Sun said...

Yowza! Beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Oh I would love to have a teapot like the first one pictured. Its great!

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Loving the teapots, especially the pig pot. That form is sehr gut. And Kittie? Those chicks can wail! I saw them early in their career at Ozzfest...had to get out of the pit cause I was about to pass out. I haven't heard much of their newest stuff, but I am sure it is stellar. Oracle (2nd album) is probably my favorite.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.