WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY Sept. 7. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Thursday, February 11, 2010
BIG super dooper day
ANYWAY, yesterday was a most good day until the very end. When the kiln crapped out darnitall. At least it had finished a bisque, close enough. My kiln likes to break down (don't ever buy a kiln from the company whose name rhymes with TARRAGON and starts with a P) but it has worked well for about a year so I figured it was due to break. Probably needs new elements or relay somewhere in there. I have to tear it apart. Sigh.
I have these teapots here. The spring green one just came out of the kiln, I loved the bluish one so much I wanted to make MOREMOREMORE like it. So I did. I also need a photo, or I should say photos, for the upcoming art trail thingy so I was thinking a pic of a pair of dynamic teapots would be cool.
LASTLY, my first class up the Cornell University Pot Shop starts today. Advanced. I seem to always teach Thursdays at 4, and I have people taking the class from me again like Sofia and Carol. I usually just use the same lesson plans each semester, but I don't wanna bore these guys. Somewhere on my desk there is a scrap of paper where I laid out all my new lessons for this class. I better find it. And figure out what we are doing today, for example.
I havn't been outta the house for a couple of days. I am thinking I might wear my Cat in the hat tee. That'll show the world.....
(teapots by Gary Rith)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- a few pieces...
- A patriotic message from Penny
- a pottery post for a change...
- "you're like a POTTERY ROCK STAR"
- "your house looks like a cupcake!"
- losing the flamingo
- More teapot JOY! More snow JOY!
- the CUTEST thing you have ever seen in your life
- "UNUSUAL PRACTICES"
- Le Blizzard, Le Pennster
- my little winter olympian
- Mr Gnu and Me
- ROCKIN' THE RASPBERRY PANTS
- she was a 9 and a half....
- Death and taxes, tea and cookies, bunnies and ____...
- OH CANADA....
- the wife turns FIFTY :)
- the Irish are the cutest people on earth: an inter...
- Bowls and Beers: must be Friday :)
- another new super hero: The Kalzone Kid!
- DIE LAUGHING
- my hero, Chrissie Hynde
- BURRITO MAN and friends....
- BURRITO MAN
- "you sure are cute for a bundle of neuroses"
- Emily and Georges, Gary and Penny
- edible woman
- dig it...
- Oh Spike.....
- BE imaginative
- before we start looking ahead to Easter...
- I'm your boogie man....
- Georges Le Soq hits the kitchen on Valentine's EVE...
- le vegan restaurant
- I didn;t want to get up at 5
- gettin' DOWN with Georges Le Soq...
- CRACKED REAR VIEW
- from tramp stamp to sooper bowls
- OLD SCHOOL: college is so stimulating
- BIG super dooper day
- puggys, Becky Jo and Kasey from DUH MOINES, Iowa
- WHO DAT? Georges goes NOLA
- another brilliant movie from ME
- Georges thinks he is Patrick (or Demi?) in Ghost
- he said he wanted to help: Georges has a GHOST po...
- Its 3am, must be time for some laundry!
- Superb Bowls and a new azz tat for the wife
- nope, no blizzard here, sorry!
- Georges Le Soq, party animal
- Penny the beagle and....
- broccoli burrito, ravioli burrito, applesauce cook...
- Becky Jo, Frank, the secret pug teapot
- I know what I want for Valentine's Day...
- speaking of PINK
- Georges Le Soq: nearly arrested!
- le ravioli casserole with Georges Le Soq
- eaten by 2 lions....
- I am NOT Superman (contrary to what you may have h...
- You can't touch this...
- ▼ February (62)