I was dreaming last night that I was zipping around on a lake on a jet ski. I have never been on one nor have I wanted to go on one (I am a total scaredey cat about boats, speed, and barrucudas and pirrahnahs and water moccasins, not there are any of those around here, but I don't push my luck--and I don't walk on frozen lakes either) and I woke up and I am wondering WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? And maybe it has something to do with the video below. I'd like to work up the courage to ride a horse though. You didn't know that about me, did you, that like when Lucy asks Charlie Brown what his phobias are and he has ALL the phobias---that's me too. Scared of everything. No I'm not. Yes I am.
ANYWAY, yesterday was a most good day until the very end. When the kiln crapped out darnitall. At least it had finished a bisque, close enough. My kiln likes to break down (don't ever buy a kiln from the company whose name rhymes with TARRAGON and starts with a P) but it has worked well for about a year so I figured it was due to break. Probably needs new elements or relay somewhere in there. I have to tear it apart. Sigh.
I have these teapots here. The spring green one just came out of the kiln, I loved the bluish one so much I wanted to make MOREMOREMORE like it. So I did. I also need a photo, or I should say photos, for the upcoming art trail thingy so I was thinking a pic of a pair of dynamic teapots would be cool.
LASTLY, my first class up the Cornell University Pot Shop starts today. Advanced. I seem to always teach Thursdays at 4, and I have people taking the class from me again like Sofia and Carol. I usually just use the same lesson plans each semester, but I don't wanna bore these guys. Somewhere on my desk there is a scrap of paper where I laid out all my new lessons for this class. I better find it. And figure out what we are doing today, for example.
I havn't been outta the house for a couple of days. I am thinking I might wear my Cat in the hat tee. That'll show the world.....
(teapots by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
"I use my blue Rith bowls almost everyday (since 1985). Best trade ever." --Monica
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- a few pieces...
- A patriotic message from Penny
- a pottery post for a change...
- "you're like a POTTERY ROCK STAR"
- "your house looks like a cupcake!"
- losing the flamingo
- More teapot JOY! More snow JOY!
- the CUTEST thing you have ever seen in your life
- "UNUSUAL PRACTICES"
- Le Blizzard, Le Pennster
- my little winter olympian
- Mr Gnu and Me
- ROCKIN' THE RASPBERRY PANTS
- she was a 9 and a half....
- Death and taxes, tea and cookies, bunnies and ____...
- OH CANADA....
- the wife turns FIFTY :)
- the Irish are the cutest people on earth: an inter...
- Bowls and Beers: must be Friday :)
- another new super hero: The Kalzone Kid!
- DIE LAUGHING
- my hero, Chrissie Hynde
- BURRITO MAN and friends....
- BURRITO MAN
- "you sure are cute for a bundle of neuroses"
- Emily and Georges, Gary and Penny
- edible woman
- dig it...
- Oh Spike.....
- BE imaginative
- before we start looking ahead to Easter...
- I'm your boogie man....
- Georges Le Soq hits the kitchen on Valentine's EVE...
- le vegan restaurant
- I didn;t want to get up at 5
- gettin' DOWN with Georges Le Soq...
- CRACKED REAR VIEW
- from tramp stamp to sooper bowls
- OLD SCHOOL: college is so stimulating
- BIG super dooper day
- puggys, Becky Jo and Kasey from DUH MOINES, Iowa
- WHO DAT? Georges goes NOLA
- another brilliant movie from ME
- Georges thinks he is Patrick (or Demi?) in Ghost
- he said he wanted to help: Georges has a GHOST po...
- Its 3am, must be time for some laundry!
- Superb Bowls and a new azz tat for the wife
- nope, no blizzard here, sorry!
- Georges Le Soq, party animal
- Penny the beagle and....
- broccoli burrito, ravioli burrito, applesauce cook...
- Becky Jo, Frank, the secret pug teapot
- I know what I want for Valentine's Day...
- speaking of PINK
- Georges Le Soq: nearly arrested!
- le ravioli casserole with Georges Le Soq
- eaten by 2 lions....
- I am NOT Superman (contrary to what you may have h...
- You can't touch this...
- ▼ February (62)