Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh Spike.....

I am sitting there having the breakfast with the wife and Buster comes up (our enormous black lab) to get a drink of water and our enormous cat Spike is checking Buster's hindquarters...cats are so funny and sneaky, aren't they? Then a short time later I am over at the Cornell studios gossiping with my pals Tom and Tommy and Judy and Andy and painting dogs on mugs, as you see, and Tom is like
"why don't you have dogs chasing cats? and cats chasing mice???" and I am like
"yeah!!!" and then I also make it fair, and have cats chasing dogs
plus make some other stuff as you see below...
oh well. I cannot tell you how much fun it is to make this stuff :)



8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's how it goes at my house... dogs chase cats, cats sit in front of the pantry door all night. That's where Asti and Midgey were at 4am today.. WAITING for a mouse.

Veddy nice. :)

Susan as Herself said...

Chief smelss my pants legs and or my coat for several minutes every time I come in from outdoors. Very exciting smells for an indoor cat, I guess!

Hilary said...

Inspiration.. right under your (and Spike's) nose.

kate et jim said...

If I've been 'untrue' to my dogs and cats while I was out - they know it! They can smell another animal a mile away on my coat or pants.

Reverend Awesome said...

Kyle's cat, Bean, is awesome at catching mice. You know when she's on the hunt. Sooo still. Staring. Then she catches it and just wants to play with it. Grabs it by the tail, let's it go just to catch it again.

Chelle said...

Love that idea! Our cat chases our dog A LOT! :)

Anonymous said...

I took a picture of my friend's daughter holding their cat. The cat rivals Spike in size and weight!

Cheryl said...

Love the mugs! Great inspiration right at home.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.