Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

dig it...

So there I am dreaming that Florida QB Tim Tebow takes me antique shopping with him...and a lot of his other friends and a bunch of photographers too, dozens of people looking at dainty little glass figurines...wow, where does this all come from? ANYWAY, never got to the cash register because the beagle sleeping on my pillow, inches from me, woke me when started yarking up something nasty and I got her on the floor and onto newspaper in time :) Life is good eh?
Last week my kiln broke down and I replaced the elements and it fired beautifully on Sunday and I unloaded the items yeterday, and HOLY CATS it is a gorgeous bunch, including this teapot. I am really liking getting the red together with the black, and in this case, I added light blue spots too.....

(teapot by Gary Rith)
MORE 90s nostalgia, here is Republica featuring the adorable Saffron ....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

"Life is a garden, dig it!" ~Joe Dirt.

I do dig it... those colors are lookin' good together.

Busy Bee Suz said...

One should never allow football players into antique shops!
What is the handle made of...cute pot Gary!

Christi said...

Gary, you know we can see up your nose in that photo at the top of the page, yes? Nice new teapot!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I know, who wants to look up my nose????
It is an English cane handle, mmm mmm good!

Gordo said...

Can you dig it?

Kim Hines said...

i LOVE the teapot!

Glennis said...

Love the handle, especially at the places where it attaches to the teapot.

That dog looks almost like my Jack!!

Ever make a malamute teapot, Gary?

cindy shake said...

You guys have lots of snow! Great teapot too.

Anonymous said...

For a guy who doesn't watch TV, you sure have some weird dreams!
I'd be excited if something that beautiful was in my kiln, too! (Makes it worth the frustration of repair, yes?)

Unknown said...

Looove the teapot, the little pup on top sorta looks like my Sam!

Reverend Awesome said...

I like the dream stories.
Also, I dig it.

Cheryl said...

I so love the teapot!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.