Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

puggys, Becky Jo and Kasey from DUH MOINES, Iowa

Becky Jo is a potter herself in Iowa, but she is desperate for a puggy teapot. I hadn't made one before, but I ROSE TO THE CHALLENGE and it looks good. So just before glazing the teapot, I am asking Becky Jo and our buddy Kasey who is an artist herself and I am like
"what glaze color do you guys think would be good for the puggy teapot?" and Kasey is like
"BLACK AND RED! The goths love black and red. Punks too! The goths totally rock the red and black" and I am like
"Kasey, the teapot is for Becky Jo's MOM, do you think her MOM is a goth?"(thinking, she might be, but.....) and Becky Jo is like
"well, um, you could do black and red, but I am thinking BLUES" which is what I did, as you see, but
KASEY'S BRILLIANT suggestion stayed in my mind, and I wanted to make a black and red item, which I have only done once or twice, and frankly, this teapot rocks too.



Here is a little unwholesome music. The wife is sitting at the breakfast table just now singing The Cramps and Bikini Girls With Machine Guns...and you just gotta have it...

14 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the red/black and the blue.
The goths down here stick to just black...all black. :0

Anna M. Branner said...

Those teapots rock!

Unknown said...

OMG! MY MOM IS GOING TO LOVE IT! Ok, I'll stop yelling now... ahem.. no, really.. she's going to love it. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! :)

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh god. It's super exciting seeing my idea brought to life and it being so completely awesome!
You're a good man even asking advice of a non-potter such as myself.
Love them both!

Anonymous said...

amigo... the black red combo is a winner

cindy shake said...

your teapots are great! I like to twisty blue handles the bamboo attaches to. I have to say that the black and red is very cool!

Jay said...

Yeah, that black and red is gorgeous!

cookingwithgas said...

I love that black and red, but i am that kinda girl!
( use the word girl with a grain of salt...)
Hot stuff those teapots!
HOT!

Susan as Herself said...

The red and black would totally match my kitchen!!

Unknown said...

Hooooeeee! You have GOT to do more of that wildly gorgeous red and black. It's primo stuff, Gary! Love it, love it, love it!

Unknown said...

Oh I love the red and black! And I too love the twisty handles on the blue teapot. They both totally rock!

Cheryl said...

Both teapots are way cool. Especially like the second one.

Barbara said...

The pug with the tongue, he looks good on blue.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm a blue kind of gal, but Oh. My. That. RedAndBlackTEAPOT!!!!! Awesome.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.