January 31 has been a profoundly wonderful day for us. At least twice. Being the old softie and sentimental fool that I am , it marks 18 years since me and the missus started to date. We had known each other since 1989 and been very good friends, but being the slow poke that I am (plus involvement with other people on both our sides) it wasn't until I hosted a party January 31, 1992 and she offered to help with it that, well, you know :) We got married 11 months later on Christmas.
THEN again, 4 years ago, we got the offer on our old house. We had lived in a pretty little house in the New Hampshire woods for over ten years, but what with the drug dealers who had moved in up the street and the fact that our property tax bill rose to 8 thousand a year, we decided to sell December 2005. We had many potential buyers (twas the HEIGHT of the New England housing bubble, as it turns out, and real estate was frenzied) and we got a good offer after only a few weeks on the market, January 31, and best of all, they wanted to close 4 weeks later, no messing around, which we did and moved to Ithaca March 1, 2006.
And January 31 is wonderful too because you have just about had it with this winter sh!t (10 below zero out there on our thermometer) and January is a long one....
Check this teapot out, another in a series of small teapot experiments--turned out super well, I liked it so much I made another like it right away.
(teapot by Gary Rith)
AND you absolutely love the best Motown tunes, and maybe this is one of the best of Motown's best
- ► 2014 (350)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq makes le b**bies
- the last day of January thank GOD
- Georges Le Soq, famous actor and super model: THE...
- wouldn't you like to wake up next to this????
- "glad I am not your neighbor"
- Wednesday = business time, Thursday = recycle day
- tater tot enchiladas with Georges Le Soq...
- Georges Le Soq and me, we're like THIS
- FARRAH and me
- my heart is not in it....
- probably everyone would think this is boring SO......
- can you make it six inches in less than 2 and a ha...
- PENNY LANE
- go NINJA all over Spike's azz...
- scaring the crapola outta a bunch o' geese...
- le beagles.....
- Georges poses NEWD
- smokin' hawt
- pints with Benji and Georges....
- no internets???????????????
- tater tots + tortillas = tater tot burritos!
- was that coffee decaf????
- le cups, le saucers....
- George Le Soq: sock monkey and super model
- master and servant....lurid confessions
- le TATER TOT PIZZA
- tweedle dee and tweedle dum
- travels and shopping with Georges, part 2
- I GET THE GOLD Jacket: a day of shopping with Geo...
- le mugs
- WHO ARE you, who who?
- SNOW PIGGY: back to the daily grind
- LIVE FROM NEW YORK its Gary....
- Gary, live on TV!
- lotsa tasty coffee...
- out with the old, in with the NEW....undies too......
- part two with Georges Le Soq: Georges wants to bu...
- post of the WEEK!
- Georges goes OUT, part one: Georges parties with ...
- people gettin' down, people gettin' CRAZY
- a wee bit of controversy
- a few words from the cabana boy...
- the CATS take over
- BLOG BY BEAGLE and cheetah print goes with everyth...
- BIG ORANGE FUZZY IN THE NAVEL
- le dawgs...
- go with the SPAGHETTI BURRITO
- ME: ready for prime time?
- "what am I going to do without Penny????"
- a wee bit o' boredom can lead you straight to .......
- wee little display, part 3, at Aurora Arts and Des...
- wee little display, chapter 2
- a wee little display project
- now that I have offended all of America...
- the irritations of POP and LITE ROCK
- "you're not going to..."
- "too much time on his hands"
- its not a blizzard but it is a bit dicey out there...
- the president needs ME
- a clever little gizmo
- let's talk New Year's day
- ▼ January (62)