Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, January 11, 2010

people gettin' down, people gettin' CRAZY



I had a little chat with my cat Spike, who is, as you know, super smart.
"SPIKE!" sez I and he lifts a sleepy eye my direction and responds
"???????" and I get up close, so that I have his full attention and ask
"Spike, I have a couple of questions, is this a good time?" and he is like
"I am famished, tuna first, questions later" and I pass out the tuna and after he eats he goes into the cat box and produces something terribly smelly, comes out and shakes himself, settles onto a sunny windowsill and sez
"I am all your yours".
"OK Spike, first thing. I am gonna be recorded for a TV show Thursday afternoon. Last time I was on TV I wore a jacket and tie and looked pretty sharp, although when I watched the clip later I noticed I had never combed my hair. C'est la vie!"
"C'est la vie indeed. Par for the course with you. What is your point?"
"Well Spike, what should I wear this time? I think they will pat on some makeup but for the rest I am on my own. Jacket and tie again? I am not in the mood to do that this year, plus what potter goes around in a jacket and tie? Nice button down shirt? Ratty old flannel shirt? Sweater???? TEE????????"
"Go with your cat and crossbones black tee. They'll all think you're a BADAZZ HOHOHO!"
"Ha! Very funny. I'll think about it Spike. Next question, OK?"
"?????"
"Spike what should I do about dinner? I made that pizza last night and it ROCKED. I am a day late with getting to the store and cannot go 'cause the kiln is on, whaddya think I should make for dinnah?"
"Simple. Take a big pot and dump in all the odds and ends from the fridge into the pot and simmer it and say its chili. Pass out some wine beforehand and some hot sauce and you'll all be happy"

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a smart cat. I agree with the Felix shirt... if you're going to be on TV, just 'be' you.... otherwise people will come to your place, expecting a tie and get a Felix. :)

kate et jim said...

All potters look terrific in sweaters and jeans.

How much wine are you serving? She might need two glasses, first. ;)

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

!!! x good luck with that

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love Spike!!!
That pizza looks amazing!!!!!!
good luck with your "pot luck" dinner tonight!

cookingwithgas said...

you better have dinner on the table for the Misses after the last post.
She is going to build up her strenth to toss you like a salad.

Cheryl said...

Gosh the pizza looks scrumptious!! And listen to the cat regarding your outfit.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I make soup like that. Sometimes it goes over well, sometimes it doesn't.
I think you should add the leather jacket with the T-shirt, and you'll be good to go!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

THAT'S a good lookin' pizza!

Susan as Herself said...

Spike is a genius.

Jason, as himself said...

Now that is a delicious looking pizza!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.