Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a wee little display project




..and a wintry looking pine cone.
I am part of a new gallery opening January 7, which is what, 2 days from now? I have lotsa potsa, but need a display.
I am one of those cheapo-look-around-the-garage types of guys, and the wife suggested turning these old wine boxes into this sort of space age type display. So I am down in the basement and got this thing together, looks great doesn't it? It fell over a moment after I took this pic, haha! Better now, so I can improve it, than covered with pots, eh?
Just painted it white. I refuse to buy new paint. I am now out of white paint. Can you guess what what I am going to paint this display now? STAY TUNED tomorrow.....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

My guess is that you have some purple paint around there somewhere...

Speaking of displays, I'm going to be making some very similar wine cratey looking things for my show display. Great minds think alike!

a m dohan said...

I'm always in favor of using what's around. I just painted our playroom, and used up a bunch of old paint. I had some blues & greens that I mixed and made a nice light green, and the trim is a bright turquoise. Ben said it "put the play in playroom" which I much appreciated - the room had been all beige with primer trim.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

forget BEIGE, and WHY yes, I do have some purple paint, and the outside trim, a bright yellow-green......

Jeannette StG said...

How about purple? :)

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Hi Gary, I like your display design. Personally, I would use some of my old wood stains, because I like a rustic look. I'm very curious what color(s) your paint will be.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't wait to see!! and I have a thing for wine boxes...or maybe it is just wine?
Lovely pinecones.

Jessica said...

You are so very crafty Gary! :) I can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

cm said...

Leaving them as is would look cool, too.

Cheryl said...

I am wondering if purple might be the next color? Great photo of the snow and pine cones.

Hilary said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. And I love that shot of the snow-covered pine bough.

Anonymous said...

Cow spots! :-)

That display is awesome!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

coming up!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.