Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, January 4, 2010

"too much time on his hands"

The wife's cousin from France, a man I absolutley consider a favorite relative and who reads this blog, told his wife who told my wife "he must have too much time on his hands" what with all the BS I blog and all. The wife hears this on the phone and sez
"plus he's got facebook and now his sock monkey has facebook too!".
I later explained to the missus that this misses the point, and how could she, as my bookeeper, forget?
A) it takes only minutes to post on FB or here and
B) over 50 percent of my business, according to the year end report she just compiled, stems from the internets
SO, my various cousins, real and imagined, friends, real and imagined, you have to see my devilishly clever formula:
Messing around online pays big bucks, yes it does, it only LOOKS like I am wasting everybody's time :)Speaking of wasting my time and my sock monkey Georges, Miri mentioned the other day that he looked cold out in the snow, where are his clothes? I found, amongst the wife's mess, some cheetah scraps. I got the scissors and made him this fetching scarf (you can see that later he made me a pizza as thanks) and I was rolling and had more cheetah fleece and lined my glasses case with the stuff--MEOWRRR!!!!!
I have asked the wife, who supposedly has more fleece somewhere, to make me a cheetah computer case. With ears.




Lately we are walking in the blowing snow with the dogs and me and the missus say that she is the hawt young Julie Christi and I am Omar Shariff in DR ZHIVAGO, which if you have seen it, features a sh!tload of blowing snow.....and a very catchy tune...

14 comments:

Nicki said...

Wood glue? You used wood glue on fabric? LMAO!!

Great scarf and lining for your glass case!!!

Hilary said...

Cheetahs never prosper... but Gareh does. ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Georges is getting some protection from the cold!

Here here vis a vis "social media". Big companies actually hire people to do all that stuff for them to promote their brands. That sale I made in the studio yesterday was 100% thanks to facebook!

Miri

Unknown said...

The ears on the cheetah computer case are important. Very important.

At this point, if I didn't have the internet to socialize, I wouldn't socialize at all, being stuck out in the boonies and all. :)

Jay said...

I need to find a way to make money off all the time I spend on the internet too. That's pretty clever.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so crafty!!!
I hate it when other people try to decide what WE should do with our time...I know he was kidding and all, but really, he is taking the time to READ it all. Right???
I knew you had a plan!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SUZ says it best, I am not wasting time, but my readers are :)
The wife sez this post is inaccurate. I think she believes (I, um, don't) that the cheetah fabric is easily found ON HER DESK, not mess as I said...I guess she wouldn't call that a mess.

Lori Buff said...

Great outfit, maybe you should branch out into fashion design with all that spare time.

Cheryl said...

Glad Georges is now comfy and stylin'! Ah, Dr. Zhivago, I shall have to go watch it again. Hmmm...wonder if the hubby thinks I am Julie Christie whilst we're snowshoeing, being I am dressed in bulky snowpants, a Mad Bomber hat...

Unknown said...

George is one styling sock monkey! :o)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I am glad to see that Georges is clothed against the winter weather. We can't have him catching a cold, can we?

Reverend Awesome said...

It's true. Companies hire people to do what you're doing all on your own. Luckily some people aren't as witty and wonderful as you or we would lose out on a lot of business.
The suits need others to do their social media for them.

Emily SIL said...

Too much time on your hands? You're an artist! I had a house mate in college whose parents were both artists. They used to joke to her that "every breath we take is tax deductible". So time spent goofing around pays off...for the right people.

Prohomemaker.Com said...

OK, the SoCal guy is in shock with the snow -- and the temps!

So glad you saw the usefulness of the 'net. I do probably 70 percent of my business via email, with the other 30 percent being showing property or on the phone. So pfft to them.

Stay warm. I just checked and it's a brisk 43 here in Escondido CA at 1 a.m. with a high tomorrow of 66. ... You can throw stuff now. :-)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.