Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the irritations of POP and LITE ROCK

The newspaper tells me last week that American men listen to more lite rock than they care to admit. NO. Not in this household.
But you go to the store and there is Taylor Swift and that irritating song "your eyes have the smoke form the drift of a distant fire" or whatever that horrible 70s song was, and it bumps around in your head all day driving you NUTS. I am not sure why anybody would like it or Taylor Swift, but I will admit they are catchy. Go down in this post to scrub that out of your brain with a little RAMONES. Gabba Gabba hey.
In other news there are my dreams. Started the night, again, with a zombie dream. I was trying to smash a zombie face in with a chair and was glad to momentarily awake and find myself nose to nose with the beagle, then of course, I spent the rest of the night in Chicago--the most Parisian, Disneyfied Chicago you have ever seen. It was gorgeous and wonderful, not like the Chicago when I lived there, which was a lot more, you know, industrial.
Dig this wee teaset. Maybe the best thing you will see all day :)


(teaset by Gary Rith)

15 comments:

Nicki said...

Love, love, love the tea set!!

Gordo said...

What a great way to start the morning. Lite rock, indeed. Blech.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Was the hamster a zombie? ;-)

I'm a Taylor Swift addict; she's wholesome. And, it's better than some of the other music my Lil'Gal 'could' like.

:-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

So, what you are saying is, that the newspapers LIE to us? Say it isn't so.
Sweet Tea SET!!!

denis said...

gee, now i have to go return the brittney spears album i got for your birthday back to the store.

Anonymous said...

lite rock is an oxymoron. i used to hate getting madonna stuck in my head in school, like a virgin

Anna M. Branner said...

You and my husband are kindred spirits. He spent last nite working on his baby netbook while watching "It Might Get Loud" on the TV. (Thank you Netflix) He refuses to listen to radio (except for an oldies station to wake him up in the morning because I absolutely REFUSE to let him use that darn alarm!)

As for dreams, last nite I was at an event to honor Jackie Kennedy, but got put at the children's table!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

what, the Ramones aren't WHOLESOME???

Jay said...

I don't have anything against Taylor Swift. It's certainly not my style of music. My only problem is the claim that she writes every word of all her songs. If that's the case, then she is the most brilliant marketer ever because each song has the perfect catchiness (that's totally a word) to it. Normally it takes a whole marketing team and focus groups to do that. ;-)

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOOOVE that teaset! I could have a whole teaset collection!!!!!!!

Stacey B said...

I want to hurt people when Taylor Swift comes on. If I have to hear about Romeo and Juliet and throwing pebbles one more time I'm GONNA LOSE IT!

and...don't even get me started on Miley Cyrus!

Reverend Awesome said...

I agree with Stacey B. Taylor Swift and her fake wholesomeness can suck it.

Jessica said...

I can honestly say that I've never heard Taylor Swift. The Ramones, however, are one of my ipod's faves! No joke, on repeat they are played the most often out of all my music!

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

A: Freakin' sweet teapot!
2: Taylor Swift (and most modern country, for that matter) is indeed irritating. My favorite quote of 2009 is by the Possum (George Jones). Regarding modern country, and Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood in particular, he says, "...they've stolen our identity...They had to use something that was established already, and that's traditional country music. So what they need to do really, I think, is find their own title, because they're definitely not traditional country music...We still have [traditional country music], and there's quite a few of us that are going to hope that it comes back one of these days." Also freakin' great.
And last: The Ramones kick ass.

Cheryl said...

Loving the teapot!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.