Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, January 22, 2010

Georges poses NEWD

Just like that horrible new republican senator in Massachusetts who posed NEWD when he was younger (warning! nekkid and hairy republican pictures! not safe for democrats!)
Georges posed for me so I could draw him. Today I am like
"Georges, I want to paint you onto cups" and he is like
"OUI, of course you do" and I am like
"well then HOLD STILL!" and he finally stops monkeying around and then later looks at my work and tells me
"eez not bad, work on zee smile a little, this makes me look like I have a, how you say, SMIRK" and later when I am loading the kiln and Georges is watching me put his cups in
"mon ami, you forgot zee tail! How can you forget zee tail!" and I have to admit he is right, but before I glaze I will be coloring his drawings and will try to remember to add a tail too :)

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You did so good.
But yes, tails are needed for monkeys!!

Reverend Awesome said...

I tried to fight it, but I can't...I have a crush on Georges.

cindy shake said...

How sweet is that?! A swinging tail and a little dash of red will be lovely. I love your curiously cute little monkey ;o)

Jessica said...

Looking good! :)

Julia said...

You can never go wrong with monkeys, especially when they are *HOT* like Georges.

a m dohan said...

I'll take Georges over Scott any day. I'm sure he's smarter - Georges, that is.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished Georges mug!!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

As a card-carrying Democrat, I hate to admit that I saw what's his name during the race and said, "Boy is he handsome." ... Of course, I still would vote for Quasimoto over a GOP'er any day. ... And have you noticed, they don't use that any more. Hmmm. ... Mug is great, and my Grandmother had a sock monkey in her house, so a fond memory too. :-) Hope you're staying warm. We are on Day 5 of rain in sunny SoCal.

Cheryl said...

Cannot wait to see the finished mug! What a most handsome model!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.